Saturday, May 01, 2010

Illegal

Lots of things are illegal. For instance I let my son T ride in the front seat on the way back from his baseball game. His friend (in the next car) told T he wished he could sit in the front seat. His father informed him (rather loudly) that it was illegal. Yes it is. I broke the law. I know. He has to be 12. I'm sure there is a weight limit of 120 lbs also. I guess Nicole Richie can't ride in the front seat either.


I'm sure that father is going to freak if he sees my kid riding his bike to the park by himself in an hour. That's probably against the law also.


I also think the interest rate that credit card companies charge should be illegal. I took a long hard look at my debt this past week. It's sad. No, it's pathetic what a mess we are in. I created a huge budget spreadsheet and a downloaded a "snowball" debt spreadsheet. After that it was off to call the credit card companies to see if they would lower my rate. (since I've been paying on time, paying over the minimum due and making multiple payments....sometime every week) Those bastards wouldn't lower my rate. Funny thing is we got a 0% on balance transfer card offer the next day. It was in my husbands name, so we took the debt from the Chase bank and moved it over to the Chase bank. Assholes. This will save us $1,400 in interest alone and payments will go directly to principal for one year. After that the interest rate is still 10% lower than what they were charging me.

I'm actually very excited to work within the budget I set up. I love a new challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home