Monday, February 09, 2009

Yesterday and Today

Why aren't I sore from working out? Yesterday I did 30 min on some sort of eliptical machine at level 5 (major hills) and I have no pain today. It was painful on the legs at the time. After the workout I ate everything in the house.

Yesterday I went shopping at Walmart. I hate Walmart. I don't know what it is about Walmart that I hate. Part of it is the people. The shoppers are just plain rude. They won't move their carts for you. They will sit there while you wait, look at you, and not even try to move their cart so you can get through. At one point Julia and I waited at the end of an isle for 3 minutes while some women looked at the valentines day cards. They seemed to enjoy holding us up. People walk really slow in Walmart or they cut you off at top speed also. Walmart doesn't smell fresh either. It always has a stale odor to it. BUT, when you are on a tight budget Walmart is the best. I even cut coupons before I left. I got some thick Nivea cream for $4.37 that the drug store charges $6 for. For either price the cream rocks.

Today I went on a trail run with the dog.

My goal was 15 min out and then come back. Brandy has no endurance. Then again she went out for 50 retrieves against the current yesterday so maybe she is tired. I was pleasantly surprised in MY running endurance. The trails were not good. Running on frozen mud takes a toll on your lower legs. I had a lot of energy and was rarely tired or out of breath. Could be the walks on the ice part of the trails. Or it could be me sliding and falling down on my ass on an ice hill. I sure that was comical if there had been someone to see it. I have a feeling the dog was laughing.


I desperately need new sneakers. I can only purchase them if I get back into running. (my rule) Since I want new sneakers I have to run. After today I don't think that will be a problem.

All in all a good day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Well that's one funky blog title. Just hard hitting, witty and keeps you guessing?? LOL

Your dog looks more like it's extremely pissed off rather than laughing.

As for Walmart, we have the Warehouse, same sort of thing. The thing that gets me is yes, you can get cheap stuff there but at what expense?? Most of the clothing is shit, looks ok but comes apart in a minute, the shoes only fit tiny asian style feet and the checkout people have no fucken idea!! Don't get me wrong, i shop there but I wish I was more moralistic (is that a word) and supported the small businesses because they are the ones that are going to struggle the most in these economic times.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

I am a normal person outside of Walmart. Get me into a Walmart and I turn into a car not moving evil eye giving rudy-pooh.

2:02 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Your dog seems to always have that look on its face.

Hope things are well.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home