Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Those terrible 3's. I'm waiting for the fantastic 4's or is it 5's? Let's just say it's been a rough month and this weekend wasn't much better. Lots of screaming, crying, tantrums. Then on the other hand, lots of hugs, kisses, cuddle bugs, wiggle bugs, rasberries etc going on. The latter makes up for the former. He is getting so big. We can't believe he is already riding this bike. It was yesterday that he was on a trike. Yeah, some days we just don't feel like pulling up our pants and we discard them willy-nilly.

I ran on my bad foot. It is pretty discusting looking. Since I am an overpronator the pain isn't all too bad. I was favoring my left leg during the run. Not great b/c my left knee is feeling tight. (Damn I'm talking like an old person) Instead of running the same 3.02 miles and checking my splits....I'm running for time. Yesterday was 35 minutes. (usually its 27-28 minutes) Next time I run I'll add 5 min and so on. This is how I started very early training for that half marathon.

I think I'm running a 6 mile leg of a relay race in October. I think I'm not ready.

I'm also thinking of signing up for a 10 mile run in January. I should be at my lowest weight and I love cold weather running. Pretty cool race shirt also. I am skipping the XC race in November. The shirt is the coolest, but I am not desperate enough for another one and that race is just to hard on me.

I'm done with summer and temps in the 90's and 80's. Give me 60's and cloudy.

I have also put on 10 lbs since January. I need to dump 5 of them pronto. First for running and second for clothes feeling better. Though I have a "nice rack"now which makes a certain male in this household quite happy. Nice rack = slow race runner = sexy mamma.

1 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

I wouldn't run on a bad foot because the overcompensating for it would give me knee pain and/or strain in the back, and I'd look like a runner with one shorter leg - but that's me. I would just walk normally (what I meant by 'regular' in my post).

We've had a nice summer over here. There was that one week where we had temps in the 80s, but the rest of summer was high 60s, low 70s - not typically British seaside weather. (Still, at the in-laws', I looked at the hills and ran away.) I don't mind cool/cold weather when it's bright, but when daylight is scarce colder weather just adds to the misery of it.

The only rack I have is a shoe rack.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home