Thursday, August 23, 2007

Shut up!!!

Oh, yes there she is "Mom of the Year". There she is yelling at a 3 year old to shut up. Isn't she wonderful? NOT. All the parents in the YMCA think I'm a witch. Yes I told my kid to "SHUT UP" I refrained from dropping the F bomb in there. At one point a father was saying something about me ("that mom, that boy") to his kids. I know I'm not the only one with a kid that just pushes her buttons. He's that kid that older people look at and think "in my day we would get the leather strap out" He is uncontrollable. I would of left the Y, but my kids were trying out for swim team placement. Unfortuntely my son did not make it. He did make the mini team though.

I'm at my wits end with David. Really, truly at wits end. He won't let me hold his hand in parking lots. Almost got ran over the other day at Borders, and countless other times this past week. Thank God I'm a good sprinter b/c his running ability is amazing. (esp for those little legs) I carry him, but that's like carrying 40+ lbs of a wet seal with legs. All the kicking and yelling "you are hurting me back mommy" (i'm not trust me) Today in Costco he ran around like a nut case. (hence old man daggers) He cried and cried b/c T got to hold the ring pops. At home I can ignore tantrums or put him in his room. In public, not so much. I just don't know what to do anymore. I know this will pass, but when? I can not be that mom that tries to reason with a 3 year old. Sure get down to his level and talk quietly to him. Right. I does not work. He actually hit me in Costco. (good arm too) That got him a swack on the hand. Is that child abuse? I hope not.

I even ran today. Felt great this morning. Improved time by 30+ seconds, even with a very slow start. I didn't help my mood later in the day though.

It could be the season. Last August I was a mess mentally. September and fall are almost here. I can't wait for homework. I can't believe I just wrote that.


I hope the terrible 3's are over soon. One minute he's screaming the next he wants to lead me around the house holding my finger.

Now I have a funny picture of him (later that night) that I can not post. Even if I black out part of it. I come in the kitchen....he is chugging apple juice right out of the container and his pants are around his ankles. After he finishes he walks into the den with his pants around his ankles. Why bother with the final step of going potty. BUT he is wearing pants now.


Have a great weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I had three children like that and I refused to go out in public with them. My poor kids thought McDonalds was only a drive thru... I would go grocery shopping at 3:00 a.m to avoid that....they are better now and I will go out in public with them....however, they are in their 20's.

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone told me that two was terrible. No. It. Wasn't. And once it was over, I remember feeling like we had toddler-hell whipped. And then, they turned 3. Three is a nightmare. With a larger vocabulary.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you couldn't have posted about the terrible threes before I got pregnant? Oh yeah, 'cause he wasn't three. Hopefully things get better for you.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could be that mom who reasons with a three year old, but then you'd be that mom who wastes her time. I am lucky mine is really light because I can just pick him up and remove him from situations.

I felt like such a schmuck the one time I told him to shut up. I never did it again -- out loud. But I say it ALL the time in my head or in the bathroom when he cannot hear me. Makes me feel much better.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home