Friday, May 11, 2007

Humidity

Damn it's hot here. All of sudden the humidity has skyrocketed and every window in my house is open. I actually debated turning the AC on. Then I remembered it's May and I'm not a millionaire. Must hang out in my basement lair. AKA the kids playroom. Hell they never use it. I should decorate it to my tastes and get rid of all their toys. How mean would that be?

I got another run in yesterday. 9.08 splits. Only 2 hills. Again I wasn't really pushing myself to hard. I've come to the conclusion that fall, winter running is my ideal running time. I will struggle on all runs until fall weather returns. Luckily I have no races scheduled after next weeks (ever again? maybe....) and I can just do a lot of slow runs in the summer.

My husband has offered to take the kids fishing tomorrow so I can have a free day. (see he really is great) I just don't understand why he has to drive 2 hours away to the beach to do it. Gas is $3+ a gallon, he will of course take the gas guzzling SUV since he will have 3 kids and dog. The other car barely fits the 3 kids. It will be a nice break. Knowing me though I will be bored out of my mind in 3 hours. I have no desire ($) to shop, there isn't anything to paint or garden. I could read some good books....heck I don't know I should just enjoy it. I always get freaky when he takes the whole family away. My pessismistic/black/Italian worry side comes full force and I worry about them getting in an accident. PMS doesn't help either.

For Mother's Day we are going to a local pup/restaurant down by the University. The train tracks run right by it and that will excite the two boys to no end watching the freight trains go by. I could of had the hubby take me to some foo, foo brunch but I end up sitting there and eat my face off, go into a carb coma just to get my money's worth. Do I really need salad, chicken, pork, scrapple ** bannana's foster, cheese cake, etc....all before 11 am? Anyhow I could go for a good bloody mary! They are never good at those foo, foo places.

**don't knock it until you try it. Yes I like fried haggis too. Not as much as scrapple though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home