Thursday, January 18, 2007

I have vomited more in 2007 than I have in the past 10 years. Yes that is nice. My husband and I got food poisening the other night. (i think it was the calamari) When we got home I started getting some stomach cramping. At 3 I woke up in a sweat and by 3:30 I was vomiting in a bowl in our den. Then the other end acted up. By 7:30 I vomiting bile and still hitting the toilet. My husband got the kids ready for school, called his office, went back to bed and the next time I saw him awake it was 9pm. At that time he said it felt like someone had taken him on a boat in the "Perfect Storm" AND kicked him in the balls. The next day I still felt crappy, but managed to finally eat food. I have learned that Orange Gat0rad3 rocks, and I will never eat calamari at a steak joint.

From reading other blogs I think I am the only runner that loves running in cold weather. I went out today for a slow run and ran a 9:05 pace. If I weren't a girl I would be all over trail running. I watch to much Law and Order, CSI's and Medium so that's not an option. If only I were a "Hero". (love that show)

Speaking of shows I must be the only American that just doesn't enjoy "Am3r!can !d01. (or d3al or n0 deal for that matter) I tried watching idol the other night and it doesn't do it for me. My daughter wants to know why she can't watch it since all her friends are watching it. Well for #1 you should be in bed by 8 and #2 be happy I let you watch Spong3 B0B. At least that show makes me laugh.

There is a new gym in town. Only $183 for a family to join. (that includes the summer pool) Yes we are probably the 1% of families that are not joining the gym. I could buy two pairs of running shoes for that (for the year) and be happier outside than stuck on a treadmill running to whatever is on the TV. We will probably join the Y in the fall for swimming for the kids. My daughter was asked to join the swim team where she takes lessons. I decided not to commit. It's very intense there (not to mention the price and fees that go along with it) Last time I was there the kids (ok teenagers) were getting ready to go to Denver for some meet and they were training with some kind of snorkeling gear to get their breathing/lungs ready. It's the first time I saw people doing flip turns with snorkeling gear. I could watch these kids swim all day. They are just so graceful in the water. I actually think (know) that if I got into the pool (it's only been a year) I could start training and do a little tri. I have the swimming and running covered, just not the bike. Then again I'm not to interested in biking. Maybe in the summer when running is to hard I'll try the bike thing. No, too much to invest (shoes, had, bike, tires ......) Nice dream though.

3 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

$183 is a lot of money for a gym. How many Happy Meals would that buy?

Can't say I like DOND - although I watch American Idol for the early stages when people make fools of themselves.

Get well soon!

4:43 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

This morning I begin my training. It will be a lot of running in cold weather. I'm terrified. I don't know how you do it!

Lola x

12:32 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

I hate running in the cold, but am doing it for me I suppose or not to let my coach down. I hate American Idol, and KUDOS to you for not letting your kids watch it. But the pool thing? COME ON!!! Hello summer tan!! Hot men...oil....Oh wait a minute would that be happening at a "family friendly" pool??
:-)

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home