Friday, November 24, 2006

Holiday stuff

Get bleach in my eye.

Eat way to much holiday dinner. Find out that no one in family is running the XC race but me. This is just great. That shirt better be worth it.

Saturday (race day): I'm sick and don't feel like running. I desperately want the shirt in medium. Go the race. It is packed. Last year it was windy and 30. This year sunny and 60. Register. Go to get shirt, they just ran out of mediums. Deal with it.

The toughest course is Brandywine Creek State Park. The times are always slow there because of the ultra tough course. The course record is held by Sharif Karee in 15:54. Alan Webb during his Junior year only ran 16:12 there. Peter Hess this year who ran the 4th fastest time ever at Holmdel only managed to run 16:42 at Brandywine Creek. Ben Stern, a footlocker qualifier last year ran 17:02 there. It is by far one of the most difficult courses on the east coast, if not one of the toughest in the nation.

Ok that is the only information you need about the course I ran. First mile 8:16. I was happy because at that point I was running on tree roots and piles of mud. Talk with some lady who desperately needs to go to the bathroom. Go up first hill, it is called bitch and yes it is. Go up second hill it is called maintenance. I walked up part of it. (i hate people who walk during a race) Third hill ... can't remember name, but could think of a few prize ones. Anyhow I barely passed anyone, felt crappy the entire run. I finished in 28.40+.(avg pace 9.14) I'm OK with that time b/c I gave it my all that day. I swear I will never run this race again. Here are some pics:

Bitch hill.

End of Bitch and start of maintenance


Maintenance hill.



Another hill.

God forbid you finish on a downhill.


Me. I sure do like this outfit huh? I just got finished maintenance and don't even look like I am running. My husband was pissed b/c I wasn't looking at him as he screamed my name. He claims I did it on purpose, but at this point I could barely think, do simple math equations or hear above my IPOD.
The coveted shirt.

Next day: My body is killing me. Stomach and legs are sore. Pain is good.

8 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

That's a lot of hills! You got me cracking up at the "God forbid you finish on a downhill" part.

Well done, M. I shall never complain about my hills again.

5:37 AM  
Blogger neca said...

You totally rock!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

Is pain a good thing? :-/

5:19 PM  
Blogger G.P. said...

Nothing succeeds like success. You go girl

GP in Montana

7:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AWESOME TIME! I can't even do that good on flat land!

3:42 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Fantastic! And I bet you will do this race again next year.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

I LOVE that shirt. Now I must run that race. And I will be cursing the whole way.

Good job on the race. You gave it your all, and that's what matters.

2:00 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

I would kill for a time like that on a FLAT course!

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home