Friday, November 10, 2006

This has been a pretty good week.

Running wise I ran Tuesday and brought the kids with me b/c they were off from school. (I left the littlest at home b/c stroller running is for the birds or the crazy people) They biked for 2.64 miles of the run then I went on and did a hill run for 2 more miles. Pacing was pretty good for kids in tow. It was 10:30 pace, which included a LOT of backward, circle and waiting at streets for cars running. Yes and there was complaining from child #2 about how he HATES hills. His idea of a hill and my idea of a hill are two different things. I ran yesterday for 4.2 miles. The weird thing was I was struggling throughout the run and felt like I was running a 10:30 - 11:00 pace. By the time I hit 4 miles I couldn't even sprint the final 10th. BUT I ran a respectible 9:30 pace (one huge hill included) Not to shabby.

Weight wise things are good. I'm at 141-143 on most days. BUT when I went to my OBGYN yesterday I weighed 136lbs. Yes their scale is off, but what a nice little afternoon delight. Shortly after that delight my OBGYn informed me that I had to have a rectal. Delight to downer within 5 minutes. Rectals are one of those unpleasant things that happens when you turn 40. I'm still feeling it. Yeck. I had one in my 20's once and passed out 2 minutes afterwards. Thank God I was out of the stirrups or I would of broke my back. I woke up with my head hanging off the table and my ass in the air. I explained this to him hoping he would change his mind, but nooooo, he has to do his job. I don't think he gets paid enough.

Politics. Don't you LOVE it. I was so damn happy! The message has been sent to 1600 PA Ave. I am a registered Republican btw. I never vote along party lines and for the local offices I knew nothing about I voted for the Dems. Usually I just won't vote, but not this time. I think my husband is in mourning.

I made an awesome butternut squash soup yesterday. My husband downed it all and wants more this weekend. I should of kept it super healthy and omitted the heavy cream, (b/c it was tasty w/out it) but we all need fat in our diets and it tasted so much better with it.

Hope to get a long run in this weekend. I say that every weekend, but maybe this will be the one.

1 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

That soup sounds lovely. Have fun with the long run this weekend. Why not try a stroller going up a hill? All it takes is just once for Child #2 to see you doing that and he'll keep quiet from then on.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home