Friday, October 13, 2006

Happy meals?

Scene: McDonalds for dinner. (note: this is what makes my kids think I'm the best mom in the world. This is a verrry rare treat....aka dad's not coming home for dinner and mom is lazy)

continued: One other family w/4 kids leaves for the playground. There is one table with mom and son, another with man and woman and another with 2 ladies. One probably owns this car.

We eat our dinner in peace. David gets up and starts sitting in the booths behind us say "ma" "ma" My daughter finishes her dinner and gets up to play with him. He runs and giggles. It's that giggle/laugh that I want to bottle. That laugh that makes me want him to stay 2+. That laugh that I can't get enough of. That laugh that just makes me want to shower him with hugs and kisses. It's not a squeal, scream it's a beautiful laugh. He runs around the middle island and I hear buick lady say something. My mind says to me "NO she didn't say that." He runs back the other way giggling. All I see is his big cheeks coming my way. The lady and her son laugh at him. The buick lady says "can't she control him and make him be quiet, jesus!" Whoa boy. (mind you this laughter lasted maybe 30 seconds) Now I am MAD. I turn around (i am so non-confrontational most times) and say "I'm sorry my son's laughter is bothering you!" She tells me she has sensitive hearing. (mmm,hmm and terrific eyesight b/c when you are 80 your eyes and hearing get so much better. Is that why you are wearing sunglasses at 5:30 in McDonalds? Hmmmm? No you are a old miserable hag)

I start throwing away food and David comes over to me and I pick him up. She makes another comment about me or David and I turn around again and say "for God's sake lady he was laughing not screaming, give me a break" I get the kids and walk out. Of course I wish I said a shit load of other things...like it's McDonalds. They have happy meals, it's a kid's place. Their mascot is a clown, doesn't that tell you it for children. If you want quiet coffee go to the Four Seasons, or some fancy coffee house, and if you can't afford that go sit in fucking dunkin donuts. When I was holding David and getting ready to leave I debated about pinching him to get him to scream. Then I would of walked over to her and said "now this is screaming" But, alas it wasn't his fault and I don't have pms so I'm not into my evilness.

What else....I've been running here and there. We had a sunny heatwave recently so I hung out in my house until the clouds came. I've decided that I'm a vampire. I debated on upping my anxiety meds to combat the sun depression, but knew fall would finally get here. I'm plodding along with my running though. I think I push myself to much to get good splits. I need to go with the flow and get some easy runs in. Also I really need to start doing some sprint work.

Other than that I'm pretty boring. Well at least my running and diet are. The family life is non-stop crazy.

great weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

2-year-olds are entitled to giggle!

Running after your vibrant kids should ever so often count as running, don't you think?

6:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She should have gone to eat at MCL that is full of elderly people that like quiet. Nobody should go to a place where they have a playground and expect quiet. I am glad you gave her an earful! Keep up the running! I have rededicated myself to training! The Indianapolis Mini is in May and that is not so far away so I have A LOT of work to do!

12:31 PM  
Blogger neca said...

What a goober. I swear, some people get so crabby when they get older - its like all the joy has been sucked out of them or something. Sheesh!

Keep on running. :-)

6:37 AM  
Blogger GW said...

Ugh, some people are such dried up old prunes. Good for you for saying something to her. We drive a Buick, but it wasn't us! LOL Great blog - found you through your post at Yo Heave Ho, which my husband told me about. His weight loss blog is thehman.com if you'd like to visit.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home