Sunday, October 01, 2006

"So when are you going to run?"

"Oh, and hurry up." Yep a repeat of last Saturday's run. BUT this time I fed the littlest before I left. The dirty diaper was (of course) waiting for me upon my arrival back. "sigh". Now my husband really truly isn't being a dick. He is working on this project



It's called a french drain. That picture is 1/10 of the actual job. He has done all the work himself (cut the concrete, jackhammer the concrete and taken about 10+ loads to the concrete recylcing center) Now he has to dig at least another foot down, put a pipe with a sleeve in it, fill with rock and then we pay someone to reconcrete the whole thing. After 6+ years of dealing with a flooding basement (we do have an awesome sump pump already) this is the final solution. I swear if I have to dig a new well I will put it in our front yard b/c we will hit water in less than 10 feet. Our basement smells like earth and we should probably have a haunted house tour here b/c it's pretty scary down there.

I did a hill run. One long hill and another shorter higher one where I basically shuffled up it. It was only a 34 minute run b/c if I wanted to make it longer I had to go up 2 more hills and it wasn't in me. I really need to get longer mileage out stat! Next week I'll have to either do a race or drive to one of my half marathon training grounds to get a decent run in.

We took the kids to a frightland carnival. Whoa boy. I went on all the rides b/c I'm a fun mom. Alas a pretty nauseous one by the end of the day. They had a blast. I of course am more interested in the carnival(e) workers. One worker girl had a sweatshirt and winter coat on. It was maybe 70 degrees out. All the men looked like leering pedophiles and the girls all looked miserable. I would look miserable too I guess if I lived in the quarters that they are living in for the month they are here. It was just like the HBO series w/out the freakshow attachment.

Oh and I ate like crap all weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home