Thursday, September 07, 2006

Two for Two


Two runs within 15 hours of each other. Not to shabby. I improved my time on my night run by another 30 seconds. (fast sprint at the end). I've been running 1pod free b/c my shuffle died. At first I didn't have a problem w/out the music, but after a few runs listening to my heavy, labored breathing I'd rather be clueless to how I sound. (a running bandit will never be on my resume) It is also much easier to run when you have fuel (sweet potato's and chicken) helping you. On my morning runs I usually don't eat until after the run. This morning's run was 34 minutes. I was going for 35 but read my watch wrong. I hit mile one at 9:30. Again pretty good. I had a dizzy, lighted headed episode at Koh1's today. I actually had to get down on the ground to get my bearings. I guess I should eat more than an apple and a Ke11og's bar after a run. Everyone in Koh1's knows my 3rd child by name. While checking out purses he removed every wallet at eye level and put them somewhere else. While looking at shoes he threw shoes and shoe boxes. While in the panty and bra department he threw those here and there. He checked out the bath and bed department, but didn't do much damage there. (there were some pillows that needed to be tossed around) 50 "no, david, stop david, please david, god help me david" later I left the store. Ugh. So much for mommy shopping.

Wa1mart fucking sucks. I hate that store. (not that I shop there often) I needed a new IPOD b/c my old died after the 2 year warranty (how fucking conveinent) so I went to Wa1mart to get a new one, a bike tire and dish detergent. I ask the electronics dude if he could get me the !pod. (it's under lock and key) He tells me we don't have a key, but I will look. (wtf?) He comes around about 2 minutes later and I ask "did you find the key?" Him "NO, I haven't had a chance to look!" Then he proceeds to talk to the XBOX rep, and then another rep that's there. I'm standing there like an idiot. I leave my cart, search out customer service, give that lady a piece of my mind (basically your store sucks, your electronics guy sucks and Target rocks) So I go to another store and get the 1pod for $4 more. I hate that store! They pay their employees poverty wages, all their stores have an odor about them. That's my rant on that.

Hope to get another run Saturday. Oh and I am checking into a 5k for November (the whole family can come and we can get brunch) I can't find a good one in October. I was hoping for a Halloween Haunt or something. I'll keep checking.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

Yeah, Walmart does have it's own stank. I made the mistake of going there the the night before school started. And I had 2 lines to pick from -- one full of seniors or one full of teenage girls with their locker mirrors. I mean seriously, Walmart was open all summer and the entire day before I went there after work. WHY ARE THOSE PEOPLE IN MY LINE!!! I HATE WALMART TOO!!!!
Sorry.

4:10 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

That picture is so cute.

It doesn't always happen, but I like a small bowl of oats before running. They go down fast and seem to last forever - well, long enough for me anyway.

Your Walmart rant cracked me up. What was the customer service lady's reaction?

12:21 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

I hate (using the word hate here!!) Walmart!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home