Friday, August 25, 2006

What I did on my summer blogging vacation

1. Got the cold from hell. It has taken almost 2 weeks for it to clear up. Think it could of been the flu.
2. I've come to the conclusion that they changed the Nyquil ingrediants.
3. My daughter got her ears pierced.
4. My "baby" is talking more. Speech therapy rocks.
5. My second child is really too picky about his clothes.
6. Swim team for my daughter is way to expensive in my mind. ($1,050 for 9 months)
7. I'm not sure daughter will be doing winter swimming.
8. My husband really is great (in 2 weeks he might suck though)
9. A lot of the neighborhood ladies are on xanax.
10. I took off 2 weeks from cardio because of #1.
11. I lost 3lbs
12. I colored my colored light brown hair back to it's natural dark brown. It took 4 days, but I like me new/old doo.
13. After hearing #9 I made an appointment to see my primary.
14. My primary (after many questions) came to the conclusion that I suffer from depression.

Well I was a little bit shocked. All I wanted was some xanax to take every once in awhile. Instead i'm on a 1 pill regiment. (ssri's) My old thoughts on depression were: give me a break, we don't have it bad, look at the people in Iraq, the Sudan, military personel and their wives, people who have lost loved ones, post partum depression .... now those people need meds. Not normal people like me. I'm not a big fan of pharmacutical companies either. But the more I think back to when I was young my mother acted a lot like I do now. Short temper, sometimes crazyish and tired a lot. (she was great though). I've only been on the med's 4 days and I'm feeling much better. I don't think this is the cure all end all. It's something I need to work on and this is a stepping stone to help me. I hope to gradually get off the meds. Some of the stories I've read on the internet about them have freaked me out a bit. It seems everyone on these meds beat their wives, have suicidal thoughts and they all put on 25+lbs in a short period of time. Geesh.

My running partner #1 knows all about it. (right now only 2 people do) We are starting our running program up next week. I'm looking forward to it. I think some of what is happening started with my thyroid (which has been corrected) and the sudden drop of extreme exercising. That wouldn't affect some people, but I think it did me. Or maybe it's the summer weather. I hate it and am quite tired of the humidity.

Well that sums up August. School starts soon. This alone will make life easier. That is until I have to write Haiku's (I think I hate poetry about as much as I hate summer)and make those little shoebox thingys for my second grader.

3 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

Glad you are feeling better. I too am waiting for a break in the heat, its still awfully warm and muggy.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Boy you have alot going on! I know the weather is playing havoc with my workout too! I long for the cool days of fall! You have a good attitude toward your meds! It is good that you see this a temporary fix and not a long term solution. I think woman today have it rough...we have to be everything to everybody...the whole superwoman thing is exhausting and it is not a wonder that so many woman are on anxiety meds. I hope you are feeling better and look forward to hearing how your training is going....hopefully my times will be better this fall!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Glad to have you back! SSRIs made a huge improvement in my life. Emotionally it's hard thing to overcome and get diagnosed. Good for you for taking that difficult first step.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home