Monday, July 17, 2006

Beach lessons

What I learned on my vacation:

That I felt sorry for anyone who didn't live near the beach. It would suck driving more than 2 hours to get to any ocean. For my bad karma thoughts everyday on the beach was super windy. Though 1/2 mile from the beach it was super hot.

Jelly fish discust me. Even if they aren't the "stinging" kind they are still gross.

My children love to pick up jelly fish and throw them. That discusts me even more.

When you eat shitty food for 7 days you feel like shit.

Crabs are more expensive the closer you are to the ocean.

Water parks are very expensive.

My kids could play minature golf (putt-putt) 24 hours a day.

I hate minature golf and would rather undergo a pap smear instead.

Having a cautious child is nothing to bitch about. (even though I did bitch about it)

My 2 years old is not cautious.

My 2 year old thinks it's funny to be swept up into the ocean.

My 5 year old can now jump in the pool and not drown in 3 feet of water.

My 5 year old can drown in 3' 6" of water which my husband was not aware of. (5 year old did not drown, just cried while I yelled at husband)

I can be a real bitch.

Gas is much cheaper in Maryland.

Where do these people work to afford these beach houses?

7 eleven coffee sucks.

My 7 year old can be a drama queen.

Running at the beach, though it is flat is horrible when the humidity is ungodly.

I have never seen so many runners in my life as I did when I ran for 20 minutes at the beach.

Husband is still making fun of my bitching when I passed him at minute 18 on my way back.

I'm scared to get on the scale.

5 Comments:

Blogger SRR said...

You're back!!! YEAH! Sounds like you learned a lot at least.

Oh honey...don't get on that scale...don't do it!!

3:11 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Ditch the scale. Why should you regret your holiday because of it?

I like all your words of wisdom.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I refuse to weight myself for two weeks after a vacation...because it would make me want to hurtle myself out a window...I love vacations with lots of bitching! Of course I do that all weekend long..ah to be truthful I do it ALL time. Running on sand....in the heat...shudder...shiver... sounds horrible.

9:46 AM  
Blogger neca said...

I love running on the bach - I guess I am a freak. :-) Sounds like a good time!

4:41 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

i love 7-11 coffee, now that makes me a freak! and I also REALLY want to know what those people with those mansions (usually EMPTY mansions) at the beach do for a living...and how can i meet one of the ones who was recently widowed, and in need of tlc??
:)

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home