Thursday, June 22, 2006

coulda, sorta and dida

Coulda ... done a 50
Sorta ... a 25
Dida ... I did it

Yes I swam. The whole thing was confusing. The meet ran super late, the other teams parents didn't want to swim so they put their children in their place. Yes Amazon woman (their coach) started off. I have never seen a woman (girl) built like this. I'm not exaggerating, she looked just like that. Our teams were stocked with atheltes also. Let's see the guy who started our race was awesome. I have no idea his story. Our other team had a 2006 triathelete (florida, I think?) a Canadian Olympic contender (missed by 0.210 from getting on the team) an Annapolis Naval graduate and some others amazing parents. For some reason they let us old folks (our lane) swim 25yds. I ran down to the shallow end (not allowed to dive in) jumped in and swam like crazy. It was like I never left the pool. I actually stopped 4 feet from the wall b/c I thought the race was over. It wasn't I was just a lot faster than I thought I was. I'm glad I did it.


I can't watch me daughter swim, or should I say finish. I get to frustrated. I'm trying not to be crazy mom, but she is really bad. I know I'm mean and horrible, but it is the truth. She does try (which some kids don't) but she isn't good at all. She should be swimming in 8 and under, but they have her swimming in exhibition heats (doesn't count) with 5 year olds (who beat her) I've paid for almost 2 years of swim lessons and they've basically taught her how not to drown. Actually, on her backstroke she was doing well but she stopped and stared at the wall and came in last. We lied and said she got 3rd. On her freestyle some kid basically swam the thing mostly on her back(no stroke) and beat her by a 1/4 of the pool. The swimming coaches I have used say once she gets her stroke she will be great. I think they just say that so I keep paying them the big bucks to keep her in swimming. I always give her the 'ole "you did great" But it's time for me to realize that none of my children are athletic. Which is definately not the end of the world. My husband (the normal, sane one) keeps telling me she is only 7 and to get over it (he is right). I will pay for one more year of winter swimming for her, son #2, (I just want him to learn to swim so he won't drown someday) and I'm starting my 2 year old in lessons in January so he can get some basics in for summer of 2007 and be ready to play in the big pool that year.

I don't think this weekend is going to be conductive to walking or running. My ankle is starting to swell and get a bruised look to it. It might be time to make an appointment with an MD on this issue. I keep picturing the doctor saying "ice it, take Ibuprofen and call me in a week, oh and pay your co-pay on the way out."

Have a great weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

Hope the ankle is on the mend soon!

6:34 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I never learnt to swim until I was about 11. Your daughter's doing alright.

Hope your ankle feels better.

8:08 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

Awww!! This post was too flippin funny. If I have kids, I would totally like you with this swimming bit.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha it is a good thing my children did not do the swimming/sport thing because I dislike swimming intensely (despite doing it once a week). Maybe you have a soccor player or a baseball player. My son loved to play baseball but that just was not his sport. It was painful to watch him play but he enjoyed it so he kept playing till it stopped being fun, which was about 3 years. Poor Mommy...poor son.... GOOD JOB on your swimming!

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Minor's counsel attorneys san juan capistrano first Didrex without prescription 240 count Country kitchen wall paper boarders baseball betting information Tie rod end chrysler sebring projectile paintball resinite freezer packaging film Acura integra stats Commercial auto insurance plan for new jersey Orajel on the penis Is cymbalta better than other antidepressants car navigation reviews europe 15 ultram half life Kitchenaid counter depth refrigerator Cheap jogging stroller Boating holidays river thames

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home