Tuesday, June 20, 2006

HOT

My running program might not be hot, but the weather sure is. This past weekend was consumed with a swim meet, father's day activities and the heat. The swim meet took the entire morning up and there was no way I was walking, much less running in the afternoon heat. We ended up spending the afternoon at the pool. My little guy has no need for the baby pool and just wants to hang on mom or dad in the big pool. Cool. Sunday was father's day so I cooked an awesome breakfast and dinner for my father and hubby. I will post pictures of my father's day gift to my husband when it is finished. It was a group effort (long story later with the pictures) On Mother's and Father's day the person of honor gets the day to themselves. Those w/out kids may think that is horrible, but those with children understand. My husband got to spend the afternoon fishing (and they were jumping). He, of course leaves his wet sneakers in my SUV for me to smell the next morning and wonder what the heck stinks for the next few hours.

I saw running partner #2 go for her run this morning at 6:15. I should of joined her b/c my husband isn't carpooling this week so he leaves for work about an hour later than normal. But by the time I would of yelled at her, it would of taken my 15 min to get ready and stretched etc...and I didn't want to hold her up. I hope to get a run in tonight.

I saw the Lake House last night. Keneau (sp) Reeves, really isn't that much of an actor, the movie was so slow, but it was cute and has a feel good ending. If you are into lovey, dovey love stories rent it when it comes out of dvd which will be soon. I saw Cars on Sunday with the kids. It's Doc Hollywood with cars. Do the movie theatre's really need to show 30 minutes of previews for movies that are NOT coming out until summer of 2007? Thank goodness I got David a babysitter b/c cars was too long and I would of spent the last 30 minutes in the lobby looking at the popcorn machine and chasing him around.

Running partner #1 just called ... we are going to run for 20-30 min and then go on an hour power walk tonight. Yeah!

On my end note...my new drink (I dropped beer) is Vanilla Vodka (Grey Goose) ginger ale and a twist of lemon. Yum. I love gin and tonics, but I seem to turn into a crazy nymphomaniac when I drink those. Hmm, next year I can buy a bottle of gin and drink those for Father's day.

3 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Thanks for taking the heat off my hands!

I think Cars isn't really my thing, but thanks for the heads up.

Have fun with the exercise. Drink lots!

8:07 AM  
Blogger neca said...

I love G&Ts too. And yeah, the wheat in beer kicks my butt - I get so tired after just one. But I dunno if I can give them up entirely....

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! license+plate+frames+california Buy celexa pal pay C7070-customer-kit card graphic ati 256mb m18 Trans union credit score bureau paxil takes month to work B lipitor b warnings Celexa and sperm and conception donegal carpets and area rugs Free 50 cent ringtones britney spears ass xenical Amateur asian sex-sites

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home