Thursday, July 20, 2006

Walk not run

Ok. I'm pathetic (or feel that way) I'm back to walking. I'm doing those power walks (4 miles in 1 hour) I need to run, I want to run, but until the humidity clears up it just isn't happening. On a good note, my ankle has cleared up. I quess it was the lazy week at the beach that did it. I can actually walk down the stairs in the a.m. like a normal person, not a 80 yr old lady. I hope to get a 40 min (5mile) run in Friday or Saturday.

Our race in September has been called off. (by us) Running partner #1 is going to Roar to the Shore and I just can't handle not running near my personal best. Pathetic (2nd round) yes, but that's just the way my mind works. I need a race to compete in to get me back into excellent running form, I just don't know which one. Well, anyone who lives near the dropped race...I advise you to head over there for a great party afterwards. The race isn't close enough for me to pop into and I would have to book a room and is it really worth it? Last year we went camping and had our families with us. This year we wanted to sleep on a bed before the race and party after. And it's at the beach...which I love. Oh well.

later:

i'm getting in a half hour run then an hour of power walking in 1/2 hour. How exciting.
Seriously...i'm excited.

7 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

The heat is terrible, isn't it? I haven't been running regularly either. Just a lot of walking.

Let's get 10 miles between us by the end of this weekend.

Hope that ankle heals up soon!

10:53 PM  
Blogger m said...

I've been reading about yours and Spain's heat wave. The weather broke yesterday (kinda...humidity around 80+). I hope it'll travel over the Atlantic soon.

I would love to get mileage this weekend, but of course we are supposed to get massive storms. I'm going for Sunday now.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Zara said...

Glad to hear your ankle is feeling better. At least you're doing something for your health...I'm starting on the walking from being a lazy slob the past few months. And it's been in the 100's here, but Coloradan's don't know what humidity is, really. I can't complain about that!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so happy that your ankle is on the mend...it is torture isn't it that the body is weak but the mind is strong. All the time my mind is screaming "I AM AN ATHlETE" My body TOTALLY DISAGREES!One line of a song sums up my feeling about running...it sounds like you too! "Hurts so Good"

5:17 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I'll do the Saturday leg and you can do the Sunday one!

10:51 PM  
Blogger SRR said...

I'm not the power walking type. But I feel your pain with the humidity...take it easy!

9:02 AM  
Blogger m said...

TEST2

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home