Friday, September 01, 2006

I ran yesterday. I went right after the kids left for school. It was a slooowww run. Let's just say 3 miles in 30 minutes. (you do the math) As usual mile 2 was far quicker than the other 2 miles. I did a little old school thing and sprinted at the end of each mile, then walked for the start of the next mile. A little fartlek, hiit session if you will. Today my legs have that nice sore feeling to them. Ernesto is coming so I doubt I will get any running in until Sunday. Running partner #1 is going back to the gym and we will run together on a weekend day. She has been paying $75 a month and hasn't been there in around 6 months so it's time to hit the machines.

I ran into some of my neighbors yesterday that have put on 20 some lbs this summer. One is "starving" herself or so she claims. The weight just won't come off. I told her she should try WW and both said "no, that's too hard" I didn't realizing losing weight was suppose to be easy. Why do some people think that if you just start walking or doing tapes, or an aerobic class the pounds are just going to come off .... like 5lbs a week? My experience with weight loss is that it's 75% diet and 25% cardio. I could do all the cardio in the world and not diet and just eat normal and my weight will stay pretty much the same. I proved that during my training last year. I've read blogs where people are training for a marathon and they put on weight, or can't lose it. Your diet is so important in the weight loss game. I'm not downing cardio and weights I think that is very important for body and mental health. It's actually very important, but if you want to lose weight, I believe you have to control the diet over everything.

My mental health is awesome. I got my period and didn't even realize it was coming. (usually I turn into a minor lunatic for 12-24 hours beforehand) The weather has been fall like for the past 3 days. I feel like I'm Ireland. I am loving it. The air is crisp, clear and clean. Not dirty, wet and stinging. It's amazing how weather can affect your mind.

I took some cute pics of the boys the other day. (my daughter was in school) My "baby" is so not a baby anymore. He just looks so different in a picture than he does to me in flesh. Does that make sense? I don't know...he will always be the baby. Even if he's 6 foot he will still be my baby. I still can't figure out what type of kid he is going to be. The other 2 I have figured out, but not him. I need 2 more years on that one. We all went walking and biking in another neighborhood last night and I was a bit surprised that this little boy knew my daughter so well. He jumped on his bike and followed us all over the place. Kept calling her name and made sure he said bye like 3 x. It was cute. I know my daughter isn't going to be miss cheerleader, miss cute popular queen bee bitch, nor is she going to be an outcast. She's a sweet, nice caring girl that get's her feelings hurt easily and can be a bit of a drama queen around her parents. It was nice that this boy was excited to see her. Of course the neighbor I was walking with took the opportunity to cut the boy up and tell me rumors/lies (?) about his parents. That's one long-ass story that I can't even get into. (not enough blog space)

Well have a great weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

I so agree with eats being the main part of weight loss. I'm seeing the unfortunate result of what a little late night snackig can do over time. It's disappointing, but true.

have a good weekend.

9:06 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Does start of school mean more time to decide when to run?

2:36 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

You are so right about the eating part of weight loss. If weight loss was easy the world would be full of skinny people. I figure if someone wants to lose weight bad enough, they will make adjustments. Otherwise it's just talk.

7:31 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

That is so true! Diet and exercise go hand in hand!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home