Wednesday, August 30, 2006

67

degrees that is. Cloudy, no humidity. Life is good today.

Yesterday was our planned run. Of course it has not rained in god knows how long and yesterday it decided to rain and pop up some small tornado's here and there. We are going to try to run tonight, but it still looks rainy out there right now. Running partner #1 wants to run and doesn't want to run. I know exactly how she is feeling. I want to get back into it, but know I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I just want it to be effortless. I want 3 miles to feel like a short run. I don't want to struggle. 3 miles will feel like a long run and it will be a struggle (especially if I'm pushing my toddler) Losing 20+ was a struggle, running my first 5k, and training for a half marathon was a struggle also. I should be used to this. I need to get my mind set. On my first run in such a long time it's going to be more of a mind game then a body game.

Onto other stuff: The meds are making life much easier. I wish I could explain it, but I really can't. I'm not stoned (though on day 3 I definately felt like I was) i'm just calmer. The insomnia seems to be gone too. Thank goodness.

My husband is going to get into running again. Though not with me. He only runs alone. That's fine, b/c he would probably kick my ass (even though he hasn't run in years) Our friend is running the Marine Corp Marathon. I told hubby I wanted to go down there and watch the beginning of the race. I think the kids would get a kick out of it. Since he's already run the race that would be even better. I might have to look into planning this. My kids have never seen the capitol. Though at this age they might either be bored to death or think it's the coolest thing ever. You never know with them.

Well that's it. Hope to blogging about my run soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

I'm just getting back into it myself, and its both humblig and frustrating. Fortunately, there's no deadline. :-)

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home