Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hmmm...what to post.

Last Friday night I got drunk. I know better to drink microbrews, but do it anyway. I felt great when I woke up Saturday and should of ran immediately. Within a couple hours I felt like crap and took a 3 hour nap.

Sunday: I did manage to get a walk in and a detox with about a gallon of water.

Monday: 37 minute run. Why is it when I run for splits time flies, but when I run for time a minute feels like 5 minutes. Those last two minutes of the run took forever! I actually turned around so I wouldn't have to finish on a killer hill. I swore I would hit 37 min before the hill.

Tuesday: I am obsessed with weeds all of a sudden. (damn violets) I think it's my medication. I just want to sit in the grass and pull weeds. Isn't that the strangest thing? And no I will not come to your house and pull your weeds. I've planted grass seed and recycled some of my neighbors plants that became overgrown into my yard. It's starting to look much better.

Food and weight:

My weight is stable. I can't lose a pound to save my life. I'm at 145. It could be months for me to get to 143. Seriously. I have made a change in my diet this week. I'm trying to stay away from processed food. (of course I ate a fiber one bar today which is seriously processed...it actually has insulin in it?!) Whooops it's UNULIN ... whatever that is. My bad. My goal is:

Breakfast: Oatmeal

Snack: apple

Lunch: frozen veg's for lunch along with a sandwhich of some sort (egg salad, tuna or turkey) I buy the Green Giant frozen veggies and eat the whole thing. Spinach has 25 cal (per serving) and creamed spinach has 70.* It gives me 2.5 servings and fills me up. Barely any points if you are on WW. I did this 3x+ a week during my WW days and during my 1/2 training. It's very easy. Look for sales though b/c they can be pricey.

Snack: Yogurt shake. I love these things. 1/2 cup non fat yogurt, 1 rotten bannana, flax seed (crushed ... it doesn't work if it's still in seed form. You can buy the oil, but again very pricey... i use a coffee bean grinder to grind it) a little almond extract, 5 ice cubes and you have a sweet shake. You don't need splenda b/c the bannana is so sweet when it's rotten. I might try orange juice concentrate and vanilla next time.

Diner: Protein, salad, veggie or starch.

I will NEVER do fat free dressing. Gross. I've tried it tons of times and it sucks. Give me Blue Blue cheese over fat free. (i'm hooked on honey mustard at the moment)

Dessert? Well I do like No Pudg3 brownies, those 100 calorie snacks (yeah processed I know)

I have given up popcorn and diet soda recently.

I hope the above gets me closer to 140. If not I still feel healthier.

I got another friend to sign up for the November 5k with me. She's a walking fool right now. I'm excited that she wants to do the race with me.

Well that's about it. The rains are coming so I doubt I will get a run in tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm going for 40 minutes. Soon I will be up to an hour. And if I recall 4 miles is where my second wind comes in. Another great feeling.

*maybe I should stay away from the creamed spinach. I was thinking I ate 70 calories today.

2 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

I can empathize - it's been a real struggle for me to get th escale to move (down anyway!).

I really like GG creamed sprinach too - I mix one box of that with 1 box of plain. That way I get the taste with fewer calories.

Let us know how it works. I think planning really helps.

10:15 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I like your way of slowly working up to an hour again. I gotta try that.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home