Saturday, September 16, 2006

Frustration

I absolutely hate that I am running 10 minute miles. Sure these are just normal runs and I'm not pushing myself, but they are still not easy. Today was a damp morning run in which my husband told me to "hurry up b/c he had things to do today". One of those things was not changing David's diaper b/c that was waiting for me when I got home 45 min later.

me "did you change David's diaper?"
dh "does it need changing?"
me (thought process only) "no asshole I usually don't get around to changing him until lunch time, especially if he stinks like he does now"

me: "did you feed David?"
dh: "he didn't ask"
me: (thought process only) When has he ASKED for breakfast?"

me: David do you want breakfast?
David: yeah, yeah! Sits down at table.

Ugh. I did a new route today. It was 3.8 miles in 38 min. I added two serious hills into it. The last hill is a small killer hill that I had to walk up 1/3 of it. At least I have found a new route near my home (thank you Del Dot for making sidewalks) This new route should help my time and running psych. That old route was really getting on my nerves.

Speaking of the old route I took my oldest son (5) running the other day. Well he went biking. We did the old route which is perfect for him. Somehow we did 3+ miles in 30 minutes. I did a little jogging in place, backwards jogging and sprints with him. He loves coming on my runs. He sure does talk a lot though. I have a mental note not to IPOD with him b/c he has so much to say to me. Currently it's all about the light saver he wants (i've introduced him to Star Wars) and Halloween and his birthday.

I got below 145. I think I'm 144.7. That is probably gone now b/c last night was pizza night and I treated my biking son to ice cream at the farm. I should of been stronger, but I can NOT deny myself homemade cappachino (sp) crunch ice cream in a waffle cone. So damn good.

I'm looking into an October 5k now. I am definately doing the November one, but I need something to gage my time and to improve my time with. I want to see how fast I run in a race setting. I don't see myself running anywhere near my PR, but I need a starting to point to see where I am now. It should be interesting.

Have a great weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

I love your family tales, M.

I'd say 3.8 miles in 38 minutes is good, considering the hills. I steer clear of them as far as I can. Are you going to run them every single session?

10:35 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

There are some events here which might be useful.

http://www.races2run.com/2006_Schedules/10-2006.htm

12:18 PM  
Blogger m said...

Hey try,

That's my site. I'm all over it. I heart hills (when I'm done running them) It's my little runner's high. I believe they are very important in any training routine. Hills and sprints. (i hate sprints until after they are done also)

8:31 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

**shaking my head** at the hubby. Reaffirming why I do not want children.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Oh dear. Let's hope my hubby and yours never hang out.
Hooray for sub-145. With the hills and sprints I'm sure the ice cream wouldn't have made a difference.

10:47 AM  
Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

10 minute miles are perfectly respectable! I know what you mean about wanting more speed, though. I don't think it matters what pace you run at - you always want more, faster, better.

Your hubby needs a good smack with a wet diaper (wetted with water, of course). Honestly. Time to step up Mr. Stride!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home