Tuesday, September 19, 2006

That run

Just a quick post. I had that run. The run where your body and mind are completely in sync. I wasn't even going to run tonight. I was going to walk, but my walking partner couldn't go until later and since I'm a TV junkie (House) I had to go earlier. I ran the start of my last 2 miles of my "old" 5 mile route with an extra 1.1 thrown in. It's a hillish route. I felt terrific. If you asked me after the run I would of told you I ran 9 min miles. I didn't. I ran 10:38 pace. That bums me out a bit, but the run was fantastic. Why at that slow pace was it fantastic. I don't know. Maybe because I think my obsession/love of running is coming back. Shhh, I don't want to jinx it. I love the feeling. On my run I was thinking a lot about obession and my obsessions of the past year. That's another post for another day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

It could have been an 38:10 mile (OK, maybe not that slow) but it's fantastic that you had a mentally great run! Congrats!

9:13 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Sometimes you just have to enjoy the run. Very glad you did.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home