Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Planning

I try to plan everything out. With the main exception of keeping my house clean. That is impossible. I have given up on that whole idea. There is no basis in reality of making that one work. That being said....I was trying to plan either a 5k race or long run this weekend. My daughter has two (2) yes 2 birthday parties back to back this Saturday. I could either run a 5k and leave immediately after I cross the finish line (and skip all the awesome food) or I could get up early and drive and run 7 miles 20 minutes away. While planning this whole run thing I realized I can't do any of it. None, nada, no way. First I have girls night Friday night. I thought ok I just won't drink and eat a lot of crap...it'll keep me and my diet good. Then the thought of being good made me think of my husband (why?) anyhow he is going surf fishing Friday night into Saturday morning. I can't run...unless I expect a 5 and 7 year old to run at 7am on their bikes for 7 miles while I push a stroller 7 miles jogging. I can't leave them all at the 5k race alone for 27 (?) minutes b/c then I would be arrested upon finishing the race. Nope can't do it. Damn. It was really starting to be a good plan.

Speaking of getting arrested. My 5 yr old son got his halloween policeman costume. He's a freak. Walked around yesterday in the get up. Gave his favorite neighbor a ticket for being on the wrong side of the street in her SUV. Told her "be more careful next time" He cracks me up. My daughter put her monster bride costume on too. Loves it. Though no one is going to get who she is. She is happy and that is what matters.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do you have a friend that will go with you to watch the kids at the race? My son is my race buddy. He holds my stuff and waits for me at the line. Your son is funny....Family family family always seems to be a stumbling block for our endeavors to run.

2:23 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Oh well. There's always another day for a 5K or a long run.

10:32 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

Absolutely!!! Being happy is the #1 important thing for children!
:-)

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home