Friday, October 27, 2006

Alive

In many ways. It is finally fall here. My mood is fantastic. No heat, extreme warping sunshine, humidity I couldn't be happier. I have gotton in 3 runs this week (so far) I can feel myself getting better and better. It was very frustrating there for awhile. I want instant gratification. I barely ran for 2 months and I expect mentally and physically to be where I was last March. Pretty lofty expectations there. I'm not in the running shape I was in in March (maybe never again) but the runs are coming along easier. I do breathe to heavy though. I think people can hear me coming. I need to get more slow runs in. I think I look like a dork when I run slow. I've also been trying to watch my form on my runs. I notice that I start running forward motion when I should try to be more vertical.

Alive part II:

To girls have died within 3 months of each other on runs here. The last one was hit by a car while she running on the shoulder. The lady in the car (probably a buick) claims sun glare distracted her and she didn't see her. Now first, there was a sidewalk and she could of run on that. Runner's don't run on sidewalks b/c the surface is hard, could be broken etc. I run on the shoulder also. I don't fault the runner there. I have almost been run over by inattentive drivers too. I try to run close to the grass or side when I am on the shoulder. I have a friend that trained with me that would run as close as she could to the white line b/c the far side is sloped and that is bad for running. While I agree with that premise it is extremely dangerous to runso close to traffic. I wonder where the latest girl was running. Was she running against traffic? Was this lady speeding? I don't know. I assume the runner was in the right b/c she was not a novice runner. She placed in the top 5 in her age group in the Philly Half Marathon so she had to be good. I don't know. I just know that I have a fear of road running now. I was thinking of training for a 10 miler in the dead of winter, but not sure if I want to. I'll think about it.

My weight has dropped to 140. Well today it did. It will probably shoot back up to 144 on Sunday after the halloween party I am going to this weekend. My husband told me last night I looked real nice in my black dress and boots. This morning he told me I looked good in my puffy sleepy eyes, wild hair and pj's. He rocks today. He was a dick on Wednesday though.

Have a great weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

Good job on the weight loss and getting the runs in.

And I hate "fake" runners too. I bet they don't even smell bad.

5:17 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

You should change your profile pic to a vampire.

Be careful running on those roads. I always run on the sidewalks, and even then the drivers partially drive on them to park (in London a lot of people park their cars partially on the sidewalks, screw the suspension) and always don't watch out when they're doing so.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home