Monday, November 06, 2006

Pointless info

One of my non running bloggers that I love to read lives in New York. I love this girl's writing. Anyhow she went to see her first marathon and did a pretty awesome post about it. She takes a lot of pics and caught some nice shots of the race. The link is at the bottom of the post. NY Marathon entry.

Oh and I finished third in my age group. #2 beat me by 11 seconds. ARGH. If only I had known. I need to start more in the beginning of the pack. Those elite runners scare the shit out of me. You know those 15-20 min 5kers, all lean and everything. I feel like they'll give me the once over and give me that look. Hmpf. Well there is one runner (i wish I had her pic) who is on the chunky side, wears white trashy kinda clothing to run in, looks like she had a few shots of whiskey, smokes, and rode the back of a harley to the race. She kicks ass! I've seen her at two races and completely misjudged her both times. Red shirt girl was 56 and the girl behind me WAS 20. She must of kicked it in too b/c she was 1 sec behind me.

8 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

3rd in your age group - why didn't you tell us earlier! You're too humble. Did you get a bottle of wine for that?

If you run that time on a day you didn't feel like it I wonder what time you'll run on a good day. I'll hesitate to line up with you at the start line because you'll soooo kick my ass.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

What race? What was your time? Inquiring minds want to know. And congrats on finishing in the top of your age group!

4:17 PM  
Blogger m said...

Hey Bex,

That was my race the day before. When I reread the post it almost looked like I was running the NYC marathon. They didn't post the 5k results until the next day. 25.36 for my 5k time.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Zara said...

CONGRATULATIONS! 3rd in your age group? Holy shit! You just started running!

6:55 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

damn! that is awesome! THIRD IN YOUR AGE GROUP!

um, i think i need to get some new running clothes...

7:17 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

What's wrong with drinking alone?
Nice race! I totally think it was the sex. I'm a believer in the GLF (Good Luck F---).

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful about who you idolize since you are more than likely a better person than they will ever be. Just some advice.

3:53 PM  
Blogger SRR said...

Could you have stuck your foot out and tripped her? JK

Great job! :-)

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home