Monday, November 20, 2006

Never say never


When will I learn? I'm running an XC race this Saturday. I am crazy. Right now my pms has started. (i cannot stand to be in same room as hubby, I've put on 2 lbs and have gas...this is just the start) I have not run a trail since the last time I did this race. My whole extended family will be there to watch me claw my way up "maintenance hill" aka...lose a lung hill. At least I get a cool ass t-shirt. I wished I had signed up ahead of time so I could of gotton a cool-ass hat too. (btw those are not my legs, if they were I would be about 6.5. I don't own xc shoes and who has skinny legs like that?) I just have this pic here b/c it is suppose to rain the day before the race.

My husband has been sweet. I was bitching last night about the trail race and he told me that with the hills I've been running it should be a breeze. Nice, but false. I was running larger hills last year, sprints and weight training. If I can run it in under 28 min I will be happy. Last year was 27.51. Last year my PR on pavement was 24.31 this year it's 25.30. Do the math. 28 min is NOT happening. Last year I was beat by a 60 year old woman at this race.

My youngest found his brothers half eaten cake on the dining room table the other day. It was closed in a cake panish thing. No problem. He came into the kitchen covered in sponge bob cake. That was the easy part. Went into my dining room and the entire table and floor were covered (or shall I say smeared) in sponge bob cake. (what I'm trying to say is that there was yellow, orange, and blue icing over everything) I should of gotton a picture to add to the following incidents:

The gold paint incident.
The pink paint incident.
The nativity scene incident.

That's it. I have been running 4-5 miles 3 days a week. Trying to get in as many hill runs as possible. Still debating a 10 miler race in January.

Happy Thanksgiving.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

Can't wait to read the RR!

8:21 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

The scary thing is, I remember all those incidents too. Especially the crime/nativity scene.

Good luck for the cross country race - should be fun!

Will you be doing the Cesar Rodney again next year?

7:46 AM  
Blogger neca said...

Poor Sponge Bob! :-) Hope you have a great holiday!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How'd your race go? Did your legs get as muddy as the legs in the picture? My version of the cake-smearing is my dog leaving little bits and pieces of leaves and half-chewed sticks EVERYWHERE. I know. Not the same thing.

9:20 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

Those legs are just gross...sorry!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have skinny legs like that.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home