Monday, December 04, 2006

Just boring stuff

I quess posts are going to be more rare and rare as Christmas approaches. I've been so busy with work, the kids, cooking and all the other stuff.

I only ran once last week. I was sick the entire week and by Saturday I had to hit pavement even though I still didn't feel great. My mood quickly got better after that run. I'm in desperate need of new sneakers, but am trying to hold off until January for them. The cold weather has finally hit. The bad thing about it is that I don't feel like doing morning runs anymore. It gets dark to early to do late afternoon/early evening runs so my running is a bit sketchy anymore. I'll be happy to get in 3 runs per week during the winter.

I started baking cookies. So far three batches of the easiest out of the way. The kids now think I'm the best mom in the whole wide world. Have I mentioned that I'm not a baker? I'm doing it for their memories. This coming weekend the kids get to help me make sugar cookies. (note to self don't do while in throes of PMS) There always seems to be be a LOT of arguing during the decorating these cookies. (eg....no I want the red, MOM he/she won't give me the red, MOM he/she is eating the dough, MOM, MOM, MOM .... shit like that)

I finally got the Christmas card kid picture out of the way. Of course one kid (3rd one) isn't even looking at the camera, my other son's hair is doing some kind of wind flip, but my daughter looked cute.

During my PMS I got this huge surge of energy and decorated the house and even managed to make some wreaths. That is amazing b/c I am NOT a crafty person.

My weight has stayed at 140lbs. Awesome for lack of running. My diet has been pretty good these past weeks. Though homemade cookie dough might change that.

Other musings:
Who are these parents that invite the entire 2nd grade class to their kid's birthday party. They should be shot. Daughter cried today b/c she can't go to some boy's party.

Why didn't my high school make me read Pride and Prejudice? I caught part of the movie on HBO and went out and got the book. I'm not one of those love story girls. I would rather die than read some romantic book with the half naked lady and long haired man on the cover. Bridget Jones is my idea of a great love story. P&P movie was so good. And there was a Mr. Darcy. I just "heart" Mr. Darcy. (in both movies)

1 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Hope you feel better soon M.

Care to post that Xmas picture?

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home