Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Brrrrr.

I must say I do like running in the cold. I went out yesterday for a run and it was so nice. I love the feeling of cold air in my lungs. It is so refreshing and cleansing. I got some hills and downhills in and was shocked that I was running 9 min miles. Usually I'm in the 9:20's and I really wasn't pushing myself at all yesterday. I actually felt like I was loafing the whole time. I would love to do a repeat today, but it will probably have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe everything seems easier after the xctrail run.

I've been debating about joining a gym for weight training (my legs) b/c I miss it so much. Yesterday my "baby" decided that jumping on mom and asking for "big hugs" was hysterical. So I changed the game a bit and we did this instead.


A good work out with a little giggle drool all over myself as an added benefit. As I get better I should start trying to leg lift the other two. (and I do look fat, but my pants are actually falling off, so my arse is hanging out...could my skin be any more Irish?)



Here is a failed xmas picture attempt.
I think the kids look like they belong on the cover of a rock album. J is trying to be slightly sexy, T looking slightly bored, and D, very pissed off. Well let's just hope he isn't sucking his thumb at 21.


Here's the pic that made it. Not too excited about it, but it's a "true" picture.

6 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

They are both cute, but I gotta tell you: I LOVE that black and white one!

4:58 AM  
Blogger neca said...

I dread going outside right now. I am not yet acclimatized to the cold... You are the woman! And yeah - the black & white is priceless.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Triteacher said...

I think the pic's adorable. And I'm with neca - I'm not quite acclimated to the cold weather runs yet. Glad someone is!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

I miss running in the cold. Maybe that's easy for me to say because I'm not doing it. Hill repeats will do far more for your legs than weights will.

7:30 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Oh, those are definitely lovely pictures!

3:06 AM  
Blogger SRR said...

Hey that counts as a nice leg workout.

Cute kids. :-)

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home