Monday, January 08, 2007

Warning:

Wearing Br1tn3y Sp3ars perfume may cause you to act like her. Case in point. I host a New Years Eve party (she did hers at Pure) me ... my house. At 12:15 I feel great with a little buzz going. Five (5) glasses of champagne later (12:45 am) I manage to worship the porcelain goddess. (she passes out cold) Later I think the goddess is my bed and manage to finish the worshipping there. At least I kept my panties (and pants) on during the entire incident. Three (3) days later I recover from my hangover. This is why I don't drink. I pretty much quit drinking last year during my half marathon training. I have a hard time finishing a beer on most nights (when I need a sedative from the kid madness) red wine makes me nauseous anymore (unless it's pricey) I've discovered lemon drop martini's (but the bartender makes them better than me b/c he charges $7+) I'm getting old.

Other than that the new year has started off well. I'm running under 9 min on a good run and slow runs are at 9:30. I ran a 4+ mile yesterday with the wind at my back for 1/10 of it and at my face and side during the rest of the run. Nice.

I don't really have any weight loss/exercise new year's resolutions this year. I just want to maintain my weight under 140 and of course keep running.

I remember running partner #1 telling me this story. She was talking to her hairdresser and telling her about the last 5k we ran and how much we loved racing in them. Her hairdresser said she used to love running 5k's, but she quit them and just ran for fun. Of course running partner #1 and I thought "run for fun? Is she nuts" "She doesn't train for anything, she just runs b/c she likes it? WTH?" That is where I am in my life now. Just running for the pleasure of it. Don't get me wrong I still hate those first 5 minutes of most runs, sometimes I just want to walk around mile 3, I have no idea why I push myself to sprints on some days....but in the end I feel great. I guess I'm running for fun now.

5 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

At least you were at home, right??? I got up to running about 16 miles at a shot, but never signed up for a single race. I guess I'm one of those freaky people too. :-) Glad to see you back.

11:47 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Hope you feel better now that the holidays are over!

Beers and white wine make me sick, but I'm fine with reds. Do you know of any reason why?

Keep running and enjoying it.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Do not wear BS's perfume. That is all.

Lola xx

4:44 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

I am trying to make everyone I know love lemontinis. Welcome to the club.

6:01 PM  
Blogger SRR said...

well you can't be that old if you are wearing BS perfume!!!

:-)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home