Monday, June 09, 2008

Oppressive

We are in the midst of a heat wave. This heat wave has brought the following:


A newfound appreciation of Mikes Hard Lemonad3.
Learned that to stop goggles from fogging you use dish detergent.
That going off a diving board in a one piece speedo sure beats a tankini.
My littlest can go off the high dive onto a noodle.
Swimming at the pool for 3 hours will make my littlest take a very long nap.

Even though summer is the worst of seasons for me, it has started off better than the past two years. I am no longer living at the baby pool or standing in the big pool with David hanging on the wall. Every time we go I push him a little further towards pool independence. I may actually read a few pages of a book at the pool this summer.

Work is still awful slow. To make the glass half full instead of pretty much empty I will use this downtime for me. Usually I work everyday in the summer and get off in the afternoons. I'm keeping my winter schedule (work 3/off 2) and using the off days to go running while the kids swim. It's a run that was my training ground for the half marathon. Which is good. Lots of hills, and so NOT the same old, same old route.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easier to use the bathroom in a tankini though.

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home