Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What now

I have set my cell phone up with different ring tones. When it's people I like (everyone) it plays Rihanna, when it's my boss it screams "SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP". When it's a call from home it's the Death March from Star Wars. It's always bad news when "home" calls. 99% of the time it's my father bitching, nagging, screaming about David. Today's discussion was, "QUIT LEAVING THE CLEANING SUPPLIES WHERE DAVID CAN GET TO THEM." Seems David was trying to clean the kitten. Last week he cleaned the dog with hardwood floor cleaner. Nnow I have to remove everything from where it has been kept for the last 11 years and move it to ... i guess the garage on a high shelf. No I will not get child proof locks because the hubby and I have no patience left. That and J will start screaming, bitching and nagging me. One nag is enough. I have 3 others, but I can send them to their room.

Everyone tells me how lucky I am to have my father watch my children while I work. Yes I am lucky. I realize that. What people don't realize is when I come home my house is a mess. My dad is frazzled (people he has those news shows he has to watch 24/7) He will nag me about anything from "where did I move the GODDAMN string" to "where is the GODDAMN funnel", "why don't YOU PEOPLE do this/that or the other" and my favorite "BRING ME SOME GODDAMN BEER on your way home and why don't you have any goddamn beer in this house?!!!." My father drinks more since David was born than the 7 years before that combined. I get it. I look at the clock on my day off and see if it's ok to have a beer or a stiff drink. (3 is fine, 11 am is not)

You wonder why I'm stressed. I have no time to myself in the house. When I go on a run I come back to one of the above complaints. Some days I just want to pull my hair out.

Today is one of those days. The TV also doesn't work and my father wants to know how to fix it. I don't know. Well I fixed it before. So I sit here at work, with no work, but having to finish my work (that someone is holding up) thinking that I better get a six-pack on the way home, that my father is getting madder and madder because he can't watch CNN, tapes of the Daily Show, Colbert and the funnel is not where it is suppose to be. We probably need milk and I think we are down to 30 cookies.

Better make that a six pack and bottle of white. Who am I kidding. All I need is a lime. There's some gin in the house.

3 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

We are on a gin & tonic kick in our house right now. Yum.

Sounds very stressful. It does get easier (in many ways) as they get older.

10:22 AM  
Blogger momo said...

my mother in law moved in with us for awhile last year, so i can COMPLETELY sympathize. oh, and she brought her dog. now that was fun. but at least i knew there was an end in sight.

hang in there, m.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THat sounds incredibly stressful, actually.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home