Friday, May 16, 2008

CHECK

Thank you! Thank you for giving me a talking to! Just like I give a my friends shit about not getting a mammogram I get my advice right back. With me though I sit there and yell at them (wus is a word I like to use) and get them to make the damn appointment. Making the appointment only took 20 minutes. 15 of those minutes on hold. I was wrong about it being 5 months overdue also. It was 23 months overdue. I could of swore I got one last year. Now I know why my OBGYN was after me to get over there. Unless it's on the calendar it's not happening. From now on when I get my pap reminder I'm scheduling the mammogram.

I've been thinking about the stress I put on myself. I've figured a LOT out. I can't get into it because it is far too long and involved. Short and sweet... my philosphy is "if you want it done right and now you have to do it yourself". This philosophy is my problem. I'm not a "real" perfectionist so the right can go. I don't want to be a nag, but if that is what it takes then so be it.

Grooved my ass off Wednesday night. I'm definately not a class girl, but for that hour I didn't think of anything but gyrating my hips the right way. Yeah I've set up my Wednesday nights (till swim meets start in June) for me. My runs...the short ones the kids can bike which makes me work harder. The longs, leave them with the hubby, or truthfully get my butt motivated earlier on the weekends.

Sometimes I wonder how I project myself (here and in real life) . My cousin works with a girl I know through summer swim team. We just realized this. When "A" found out we were cousins she couldn't believe it. Described me as; very laid back, hippie girl who is a lot of fun. (what does that make my cousin?) I think people see me as that woman that is stressed, is always yelling at that one child of hers and how many hats does she actually own? I only add the last in because A only sees me at the pool and I'm never without my hat.

So this laid back, fun, hippie girl is looking forward to her mammogram and actually an extra hour (or 2) to herself because she's packing the running clothes and going off on a trail run after her boobs are flattened to pancakes. She might go home and yell at that one child (or all three) but it looks like (weather cooperating) she will get two consecutive days of "me time".

3 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

you are welcome. Glad you made the appointment. I know it's tough, but please try to carve out some time for yourself!

9:52 AM  
Blogger momo said...

nice. :-) two hours to yourself and a boob pancake to boot. now THAT sounds like a great day!

yea, i wonder how people see me too. people always say - oh, you're so nice - but deep down i always think, oh no i'm not. i'm a bitch. but maybe that's just my alter ego wanting to come out. kinda like my momolektra thing. anyway!

have a fantastic weekend, m!

1:41 PM  
Blogger momo said...

how'd it go?

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home