Saturday, May 03, 2008

good ideas gone bad

It sounded like a good idea.

Allow two 9 year old girls, two 7 year old boys, one 4 year old boy and me with a Chessie-dog, baseball bag and poop bag to ride (me run) their bikes to the park for my son's baseball game.

I realized the idea was stupid about 50ft from my house. The 4 year old cried because he couldn't keep up to the big kids, and then his shoe fell off. Crossing the highway was a pain in the ass also. I go out first so the cars can hit me and that will soften the blow when the cars hit the rest of the children. Because why stop when 6 people are crossing the street?

My idea of running was a nice idea. Who knew that my son has 20 BASEBALLS IN HIS BAG. That doesn't include what else he has in the bag. Ok I threw my wallet in there.

The park. I break the law and let the dog run in the creek. She gets the runs within an hour. Later the kids come up to me and tell me they have poisen ivy. The good mom in me says "yeah right".

Later they do have poisen ivy. Great.

David's shirt gets caught on a 6' chain link fence (on the 6' part) I'm texting a child's mom to let her know her kid has poisen ivy while he is stuck and calling out "uh...mommy?". A nice man takes David off the fence.

Poisen ivy goes away.

I chase David around the park with the dog who has the runs and I have no more poop bags because she already pooped. There is no need to watch my son's baseball game because why start now.

I wonder aloud why I am not an alcoholic.

My husband finally comes and the girls ride home while I run with Brandy. She decides to check out a kid and I almost trip over her in front of a large group of people. I hear the "whoa" over my ipod. I'm that graceful.

On a good note I did (technically) get a run in. Running with the baseball bag doubles that one mile to two miles. Chasing David around the park counts as sprints. Running home with the dog through groups of people, pets and those people who leave food on the grass in large Longenberger baskets (WHY?) counts as a trail run. All in all I ran 7 miles.

Yea me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home