Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Karma

Ok no friend for Brandy. I have a serious problem with the shelter. They ignored my email and when I went in for a second look at the dog (rotty-lab mix) her adoption was pending. My husband and I talked and another dog is just too expensive at this time. Even if it's a shelter dog. This shelter charges $200 for a large breed. That and to take Brandy to the vet for her rabies shot it comes out to $150. I think we can skip the fecal matter test though. Yes that's a sock in her bowel movement. It's 100% cotton.

..I want a cat. My husband says "NO". I say "You're not the boss of me" He claims they smell and our home will smell like a cat box. Has this man come into our home? Has he smelled it? It smells like dog. A dog that likes to swim in creeks, streams, lakes, etc....A dog that you aren't suppose to really bathe because of the oil in their coats. She stinks. Cute, but smells like the marsh.

Cats are cheap, low maintenence and I think pretty cool. Unless of course we got a crazy one. (which I had growing up...could be her problem was that we were too lazy to name her and just called her kitty cat)

I went back to that shelter I don't like. I had found a 6 month old male on their website. The lady said "he's been adopted!" Well not on the website. (bitch, don't get nasty with me) Then I tell her I would like a male, not declawed indoor/outdoor cat. Well, you would of thought I had said I would like a cat that I could cook for dinner that night. She became very nasty, scolded me, walked away and I'm preeety sure something is on my permament record .

Went to the pet shop and fell in love with kittens. About $100.

Karma comes into play. My good friend (rb #1) sister found the coolest cat on her way to a party. The cat followed her for 5 blocks. Waited 2 hours for her to come out, followed her to another house and waited for another 2 hours. K spent $200 on the cat (girl) and since she has 2 cats and lets face it if she has 3 she is officially a cat lady. I'm getting a test run with the supposedly coolest cat this weekend. Her name is Brooklyn since that is where she is from. All this went down while I was out looking for a cat.

Yep, Karma.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

Your fecal matter or the dogs?

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love our cat. The dog smells worse.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home