Friday, May 23, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Has it been a week since I posted?

The weather here has been erratic. Tons of rain, some sun then rain storms. No real runs, but got a power walk in with a neighbor. This might as well be a run, because I have to jog in some places to keep up with her. I don't know why, but power walking with her always leaves me sore the next day.

I actually got a swim in yesterday. Two girls were in the pool and there was a lane btwn them. I choose another lane because both of them intimidated me. One had her workout taped to the lane marker and the other was the flip-turn queen. Of course I was kicked out of my lane and forced to swim in the lane btwn them. I pulled out some pretty good flip-turns myself (you know I studied the queens while playing with my son before his lesson) Swam a half mile and found out (via evesdropping that one of the ladies is training for another tri and the other won't swim in open water because it scares her. The other should because she would kick ass. Shit, my left arm is so sore from that swim.

I passed my mammogram. Yea for me.

Tomorrow is our 11th anniversary. We have a bottle of $100 wine that we were saving for our 10th and forgot about it. J and I talked and rather than going to celebrate at some expensive restaurant we'd rather share the wine with friends who appreciate a good bottle. That and I would like to save the money and put it towards our Belmont party.

Usually we do a Derby party, but we had Holy Communions the past two years. That and I'm a bit bored with derby pie, mint julips and everything Kentucky. I'm seriously into planning a New York themed party. Right now I'm obsessed with the music. I can't get Dean Martin's "Volare" out of my head. I went out and bought a surround sound system so we (I) can get more excited than normal. I must get it from my mother. She clapped and yelled (so embarassing) at the TV (no picture, just static because we lived in the country) when the Phillies were playing. Me, it's watching the big horse races on the TV. David and I screaming, dancing and clapping. The other two are getting a bit embarassed by me. I'm keeping that "my mom is so weird" tradition alive. My husband can keep "my dad looks dorky wearing black socks with sneakers" tradition alive. ( I know he does that to piss me off)

Late addition: I have spent hours trying to figure out why the TV won't get surround sound when the dvr, and radio does. You ask why? Maybe because Sponge Bob, The Backyardigans and I-Carly aren't "IN" SURROUND SOUND! That's the only channel that seems to be on when I have the time or desire to work on it.

Have a great weekend. I will now that my obsession with what I was doing wrong is over.

3 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Happy Anniversary.

The easiest way to get Volare out of your head is to put on some fffffine country music. :)

Felix the cat looks cute. I hope he doesn't pick up Brandy's munch-and-poop habits.

Hope all's well with everyone.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Happy Anniversary(late) & glad you passed your mammogram.

1:45 PM  
Blogger momo said...

ok, i'm LATE, as usual.

happy anniversary and yes, your husband is a sweetie. my anniversary is coming up this next month and the kids are going to be at overnightcamp that week. alone time, i'm counting the days. :-)

good, good news on the mammo.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home