Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Finally

Well I finally got a chance to run again. Real running, not treadmill running. (which by the way I hate!) My legs didn't feel up to their best, and my cardio was lacking a bit, but I knocked out 3 miles in 27 minutes. It felt good to get out there again. Now that the weather is warming up and the days are getting longer I might be able to get out 3 or more times a week for several 3-5 miles runs. My ankle is still bothering me. I have no idea what is up with that deal. This morning my lower legs were stiff as boards. I feel like I'm back to square one with the whole running thing. I don't think it will take me that long to get back to where I was though. I guess that is what happens when you take 3 weeks off.

I have inspired another running partner to run a half marathon. Which is surprising b/c of all the bitching I did about the training in the end. She is running the Virginia Beach Rock n Roll Half. Which sounds like an awesome party. I'm sure the course is flat as can be and training in the summer won't be half as bad as winter training. I'll take heat over 40 mph wind gusts any day of the week. I'm debating on training with her just for the heck of it. There would be no pressure on running the race so maybe it won't be so bad.

Other life things are crazy. I will add a second car payment to our lives tomorrow. My son cried at swimming. I would of too if I were him. She had him on his back and let his head go and he slowly started to go under. He did better than I thought he would. Of course he hates it and wants to quit. He got his way with his father and dh put the training wheels back on his bike (which irks me to no end) but he must stay with swimming until he can swim one lap in the pool. I'm not raising quitters. Dh is better at training them to ride two wheelers so I didn't get involved in that discussion.

I've been bad at blogging lately too. It'll probably get much worse once the spring/summer get going. Though maybe not. Who knows. I AM keeping up with everyone elses blogs.

5 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Good luck with the running. Are you doing any more Halfs yourself?

12:47 PM  
Blogger m said...

Try,

Right now no. After killing my body with the last one I think I might just stop with only one half in my lifetime. I would like to get more distance runs in on the weekends. Who knows how I will feel about this whole thing in a few months.

6:05 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Go for it, I say train along with your partner, I'm sure she could use the support.

Nice job on getting back out there, 3 miles is great.

You're son will get the hang of it soon just like anything else.

I know what you mean by slacking on the blogs...

10:31 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Why not pyramid your way down? After your 1/2M, race ten miles, then 10K, 5 miles, then 5K...? (Hee hee)

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site fetch.php pg 2&keyword buy ionamin women laptop cases ionamin online graduate programs and physical education consultation free ionamin grannies search mature women galleries Impotence and cures examination malpractice Order generic tenuate sale on line 2003 auto show lamborghini murcielago blue seap debt counseling buy ionamin Infared sauna comparison 5 ionamin

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home