Sunday, March 05, 2006

10 miles

Did it. 10 miles in 1 hour 30 min and 29 seconds. First 5 in 43+ min the second in 47+ min. My running partner that I was complaining about a month ago b/c she was slow smoked me, spanked me in the first 5. I could barely keep up. I stretchec at mile 5 b/c my legs were extremely stiff. I ate that gel (Gosh you really do need a couple glasses of water with that stuff...gag) at mile 6+ and caught up, then I wanted to rest at the red light and she said "you have to" go through it. You know me and "you have to's" I was pissed off, emimem "shake that" came on and I was gone. Bye, bye. The route I picked out was hard (very hilly) the wind was at our side or in our face. Never at our back. Which is weird b/c we ran a there and back route. Just my luck I guess.

I did NOT want to run 10 miles today, but I'm glad I did! I actually was planning on being a loser and running a 5k race Saturday and 7 miles today, but my dear husband said NO I had to run 10 miles. He was right. I'm as ready as I will ever be for the race next week. I'm glad I did a hilly run too. A lot of people who live downstate from me have no hills and run only on flat ground. I don't think there is any flat ground around here. I hope all this hill training pays off. I need to start carbo loading a couple days before the race. That might of been todays problem. I don't think a slice of pizza for lunch, chicken and some couscous for dinner and cookie (ok 2 damn cookies) constitutes carbo loading for a 10 mile run.

Not to sure how many posts I will get in next week. I'm a painting fiend right now. Once I start I can not stop. Our hall and living room walls were discusting. You could actually see hand prints on them. Someone even decided a green marker would look nice on my walls and on the dining room chair cushions. You know what I don't even care at this moment.

7 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Good luck with your preparations for the 1/2. Judging from this 10-miler, you should finish under 2 hours - all the best!

4:36 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Great run. Hills make a huge difference! Great job conquering them!

5:23 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Good job on that serious running. yeah, those gels usually don't go down easy.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I bet you looked like a blur to passersby -- such speed hasn't been reached by bullets!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Have to's suck. I still haven't figured out what I need to do to find my balance so I completely know where you're coming from. You will be fine on race day -- I promise.

8:40 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

(I could swear I left you a comment last night...damn blogger!)

Damn girl, that's impressive! I hope I get there one day, real soon. Like really really soon... you're amazing!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Cosmetic surgery san dieg buy didrex Zocor vs lipatore India call center training Multi trip holiday insurance company us Volvo p1800es tuning vitaline vitamins small tits Ritalin continuous use

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home