Saturday, February 25, 2006

Damn you

Dear reader you might be thinking...

a. She's mad at her husband .... AGAIN
b. Her neighbor pissed her off .... AGAIN
c. Her ITB acted up .... AGAIN
d. The "baby" did something ....AGAIN

If you answered D you would be correct! What could that sweet looking child have done this time you ask? Well let me tell you. I was taking back the paint I just bought to have them dull it or darken it up. I put said paint on the dining room table. I asked my husband for the credit card. David started to cry and walked into the kitchen covered in a eggshell, Benjamin Moore, Beverly Hills shade of paint. David managed to drop the entire gallon of paint on himself, the dining room table, chairs, carpet and hardwood floors. Lovely. I realized a picture would of been appropriate, but we were too into saving our hardwood floors to stop and look for a camera. David is fine. (a bit gold is some spots) Hardwood floors are fine, table and chairs good, carpet has been powerwashed. (i hate the carpet, but hubby wanted to try and save it) The white parts (it's a persian type thingy) are a bit goldish, but it will have to do. If it's not tipping paint cans, trash cans he throwing Hess trucks at our heads or windows. I have a feeling he will break a window in one year. It's his nature, and those windows are only 3 years old.

Enough of that.

I got new shoes. I went on the premise that ugly shoes are the better, more comfortable shoes. Birkenstock is the ugliest shoe out there, but they do wonders for your tired feet. I got the Brooks (dyad 3) and broke them in today on a 9 mile jaunt. They were wonderful. The run was great on the way out (wind at my back) and sucked on the way back. It was tough going and I completed it in 1 hr 21 minutes. I tried my vanilla gel and it would of been much better with a nice glass of water. It gave me needed energy, but mile 4.5 is too early for gels. I need to have one at mile 6 or 7.

That's it. Hope everyone has a great weekend. To all the half's out there today and tomorrow good luck. I can't wait to read your race reports.

5 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

yikes that's horrible about the paint! Would have been worse in the car, though, where I once dumped a can of paint.
Great run though! You're amazing!

6:25 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Sorry to hear about the paint. Glad the shoes are good though!

12:23 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Oh no, how long did it take to clean him up?
That's alright, last time I was painting(a mnth ago), my 20 mth old kept backing up into the wall!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

I'm laughing for all of the wrong reasons. We're trying to make babies now but after reading your post I'm reconsidering....

9:42 PM  
Blogger neca said...

That's it - instead of watered down gatorade in my camelbak, maybe I should try wine! I bet it would make the runs a lot more entertaining, what with trying to find where I left my house & all...

Glad everything (including said baby) is mostly okay. :-)

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home