Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Funk

I woke up this morning in the most depressed mood. Looks like this is going to be a baaad PMS week. Yesterday I feel asleep on the couch for 30 minutes. After the kids went to bed I passed out on the couch again until I woke up at 11 and dragged my butt up to bed. I hate this! I forced myself to workout at the gym. I did sprints for 20 minutes on the mill and thought I was going to fling myself off the back it at certain points. I never got past 9 on my sprints and just felt very stiff and out of it. My friend (or a lady I met in the pool when I was into swimming last year) is trying to get me to join the masters swim team. There are three training levels... triathelte, fitness and something else I didn't catch. I might try it after March is over. It would be nice to have someone give me suggestions on my stroke (freestyle and butterfly) and to get some cool training in. Also if I go back to swimming I won't try smoking again. The cravings are getting worse for some reason.


Winter has finally arrived on the East Coast. I can handle the cold and minimal wind. I will not run in cold raining weather. So far the next week looks just to be cold. 32-40 degrees. So far on plan I have an easy 4 mile run on Thursday and a 9 miler on Saturday. I might hill train on Thursday just for kicks.

I have not weighed myself in at least a week. My boobs are huge (aka 5lb gain) My food choices have been wonderful on some days and horrible on others. Some days I'm so famished that it feels like I haven't eaten in weeks. I've been reading up on hypothyroidism and I'm going to have to deal with dieting the rest of my life. Even though this medicine raises my metabolism to "normal" it also makes me extremely hungry. Basically it's a never ending cycle.

My "baby" is starting to form some words. Bu, bu (bye, bye), co_kie (cookie , which he can also sign...of course) and car, well the latter is done in a Boston accent. I'm hoping by next year he will be caught up to others his age. Someone once told me that you can't wait for your kids to walk and talk. But as soon as they do you tell them to shut up and sit down. He was right.

2 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Strangely enough, one of the words my little nephew has learnt is also "coo kie". Or maybe it's "ook eey". Who knows?

9:50 AM  
Blogger Deabora said...

Keep up the good work.

Dont give into the cravings. You cant be a triathlete if you do.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home