Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Whew. My results are in. I have hypothyroidsm. (aka a raving lunatic that has no energy, bad hair and gains weight looking at food) Lovely name isn't it. Kinda sounds like I'm going to turn into a hippopatamous. For about a second I was wishing why can't I have hyperthrodism. (you know easy to lose weight) anyhow that's a ton worse. I got my meds. They are starting me at the bottom (of course) and we check the levels in April. I think I feel better. I didn't really care (to much) when David broke a plate ($29.95) last night, and I didn't freak when he flipped the heater in his room. (thank god we have a carpet in his room or the hardwoods would be destroyed with his antics)

I am going to become a stretching whore. I stretched last night for about 20 min. Where I discovered I have absolutely no flexibility. I stretched like crazy at the gym this morning before I did the 'mill and after. I'm hoping this helps the ITB. Of course my husband has been saying stretch, stretch, stretch. Yeah, yeah, yeah the man is right AGAIN. Most of my problem is that I only stretch for my shins. I haven't been really seriously stretching for any other part of my legs. I have also gone back to my original weight resistance training plan. Going back to when I started getting this ITB I had started resistance training my hamstrings (b/c some internet site said that's what runners should be working on) Ever since then, my knees have been bothering me. Granted my distance is no longer 3 miles 3x a week, but I'm going back to hip abductors and dropping the hamstring workout every week.


Ok the "mill. I keep downing this equipment. I mean why workout on it if you can run the road? I only use it for a sprinting program I can do. Well today I decided to try something different. I did fat burner for 30 min. Damn! I was running at 6 (ok not my normal 7.5) but the inclines were a low of 2.5 to a high of 5.5. I thought I was going to die. I walked 2x, but got an awesome workout. I think I found my new hill training program. I do have a major gym vent though. This is to the lady next to me. Why must you pick one of the nicest treadmills (there are about 8 high end treadmills and three treadmills that have advanced programing on them for serious people and she picks the only one that you can adjust the controls right by your waist, on the other two that feature is broken) to walk in your CLOGS? Why? When I got off the treadmill and went to clean the machine and saw this lady in her clogs .... argh! Clogs people, CLOGS!!??? I wish I had some balls because I would actually go up to her and ask "why in God's name are you wearing clogs?" And my final gym vent (for today) these chicks who look at themselves in the locker room mirror naked. They strip in front of it, towel off in front of it, dress in front of it and never ever take their eyes off themselves. I swear! Ok why I'm looking at this is even more disturbing. I guess it's like a train wreck, (is it over yet?) and every once in awhile you look over and she's still admiring herself. I just don't understand.

5 Comments:

Blogger TriZilla said...

My mom has hypothyroidism (cousin has hyper...). She definitely got the better deal, and is feeling a lot better. He, on the other hand... Ug, radioactive treatment to kill the thyroid. Not fun.

I'm glad to see that you're feeling better!

I don't get the mirror thing. Tell them to take a picture... It lasts longer :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger neca said...

Clogs. That's a classic. Maybe worse than the guys working out in khaki pants. :-)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Zara said...

"Welcome to the club" seems like a sad thing to say about hypothyroidism, so instead I'll say...I feel your pain. Yes, it sucks, and I'm sorry you've been having to deal with it, untreated. But of course the "good news" is that it's treatable and you will soon be feeling much, much better. :) Just make sure they juice you up good with the meds and don't skimp! Your body needs every ounce of those thyroid hormones.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home