Monday, January 02, 2006

Self absorbed

To make a very long story short. I've deleted my original post. It was a very, very dark bitch session. Let's just say I didn't get a 7 mile road run in. It started raining 1 hour after I was suppose to start my run. Why didn't I start my run on time? Let's just blame it on small game, namely ducks. Enough said. I have left the last word of the post and the start of my training for the half. You'll get my drift.

Fuck.

11:30 or something like that. I was ready to go ...I step outside....it is fucking raining. I am so mad that I weigh myself. 147 lbs. I go to the gym. Yeck. It's all the New Year newbies. Which can be broken down into the following groups:

Old ladies who walk on the treadmill in a sweater. Yes a sweater.
Young girls who are 15lbs less than me, but probably have a higher fat%. They get on the machines, laugh and goof off. One tries to treadmill race me. I'm doing sprints not in the mood for racing. Next time maybe.
Dudes. Enough said there. Wait no it isn't...Why come to the gym to watch TV? Just hang around the stepper and keep changing the channel? Why? Why are you wearing weight-lifting gloves too? You never lifted a weight. I am so curious about this guy.
Actual runners. Weird, I've never seen these here before.

I did some kick ass treadmilling. 24 minutes of sprints and 12 minutes of some fat burning program. Some leg weight resistance training and 5 min of core. I got some awesome stretching in too. It's much nicer to stretch when it's not 30 degrees outside. If I stretch inside all the kids complain to me about something that happened the hour I was away. It takes away from whatever zen I have.

I rocked on the good eating today. Egg whites, oatmeal, apples, 4 clementines, wheat bread, turkey slices, Chicken soup, brown rice and No Pudge Brownies (they are awesome). Ok not one veggie. I'll get into those tomorrow. I keep forgetting to buy V8. Oh well, I'll do broc tomorrow. I did have my morning cookie. It's in placement of my normal cigarette. I've been doing this every morning since 10/01/05. I should put that in the 2006 goal. Get rid of morning cookie. Hmmm.

4 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Sometimes we plan to run, but things happen and we never come to it.

Forget about it. There is always tomorrow to run. But the time you spend today resenting yourself, you cannot get back.

Have you decided on the half you're going to run?

8:45 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Ha, that's funny about reading your posts! Yes, it's so typical.
Like yesterday I drove by our local gym. I can see through the windows that it was packed full!

11:57 AM  
Blogger TriZilla said...

Love this post... Maybe wean yourself off the cookie with something a little more nutritious, but still attractive... Like say a glass of chocolate milk. Or a piece of dark chocolate... It still has to feel good, right?

Oh, and I call 'em twinkies (frat girls) and meatheads (frat boys)... The week before Spring break is a riot... Yeah, sweetheart, like you're going to lose that 20 lbs in a week!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work First answering machine Pants split http://www.treatment-cancer-2.info

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home