Sunday, December 11, 2005

damn

I think my shoes suck. Right now I have bandaids on the arch of my one foot. Can one foot be an overpronator and the other not? Anyhow I can't afford another pair of $80+ sneakers until after Christmas . This sucks. Maybe they need to be "broken in". I don't know, but I am really bummed about this. My run today was the worst ever #6. I walked a ton after mile 2, and mile 3 was finished in about 10:25. Some parts of my 3-5 mile loop have sidewalks and of course nobody shoveled them. I did a lot of running on a road with no shoulders. And some drivers don't want to move over for you. They just drive down the road like you are not there. So there were some stopages where I just jumped onto the snow. Sometimes I wave at these drivers in a thank you sort of way. I really want to give them the finger though.

My weight.....i'm close to 5lb gain. Could be from the parties yesterday and the wine and beer, and/or PMS. One thing that was nice....since I don't smoke anymore I'm not that loser outside in the cold weather puffing away and coming in the house stinking. Also if I were a smoker I would of felt more like crap this morning than I already did. I still want one though. I wish that would pass.

I'm hoping to try out my sneakers on the road again soon. If not I might skip the stepper this week and do sprints on the treadmill.

6 Comments:

Blogger LUIS MILHANO (Lumife) said...

Merry Christmas and greetings from Portugal.

2:44 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

omg, go back to the store and tell them they screwed you!!! I'm hoping you went to a real running store, fingers crossed on that one.

and there is NO WAY (I am telling myself this too) to gain five pounds overnight. So whatever the weight gain is this morning (I'm too scared to look anymore), it's not from yesterday, it's from several days ago. So that's good news! Means you can work off yesterday before it shows up!
(I swear this is true. I read it in a book, so it must be!)
And thanks for your comment!! We all inspire each other, you have no idea!!

3:04 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Hey, maybe you altered your gait somewhat while running in the snow. Try running on the treadmill to see what happens.

Good job on quitting smoking too. Every day you are a winner.

5:10 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Hey try contacting the shoe company. I did that with New Balance, this is like after three weeks of testing them, gave me achilles problem. They let me exchange with another one of their shoes. The retailer couldn't do much for me but the company did. Worth a shot.

Sorry to hear about your run. Hopefully it was just a bad day.

10:38 AM  
Blogger m said...

I pulled out my receipt and I can not return the sneakers since I wore them outside. I will contact the company and try from that angle. I just don't get why they don't work. I think they should have a treadmill in running stores (yes this is a realy running store) so you try out the sneakers. I knew within less than .5 miles that these were not going to be the shoes for me. Live and learn and be broke for it.

11:32 AM  
Blogger TriZilla said...

Bummer about the shoes... Try the company, yes. The worst they can say is no. Thanks for your comment, btw :)

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home