Saturday, December 03, 2005

I'm the biggest sap

but more about that later.

My shoes are shot. I had a feeling that they were. The good news is they worked perfectly for my feet (i'm an overpronator) and I wore them down right down the middle. I guess I'm sticking with adidas. Why is it every running store tries to get me into Nike? Nike is about 2 steps up from Walmart in my book. I refuse to shop at Walmart on principle and have not bought any Nike product in I don't know how many years. The guy at this running store didn't push the Nike, but all running stores try to steer you to Nike. Though my husband thinks Nike is the best. Maybe I'm over analyzing this.

My legs (lower hamstrings) are killing me. I went for my 7 mile run today and the first 3.5 miles were great. After the "killer" hill the legs started to go. I did more walking today then I have in a long time. I was pretty bummed, but what can I do about it? What I don't get is that I have been using resistance training on my lower hamstrings. Hmmm. Well anyway I'm sticking with elipitcal and stepper during gym days (b/c I know this leads to split improvement)

I must say I love my wicky clothes. I went to Target (after spending $$) at the running store and checked out their products. Of course they were cute as can be. But the stuff I have is just fantastic. I wear my bra, a tight summer tank, turtleneck and this thin jacket. I'm so toasty on my runs. It's amazing what the right fabric can do. I don't have any money regrets on the clothing I got. I just need to find out how to come up with an extra $89 for the new shoes I desperately need. My running parter had a pair of adidias that were bad for her feet. We don't know if they are for overpronators, but I'm going to try them on my next run and see what happens. If they can get me through January I will be psyched. If not I'm going to have to come up with the money somehow. My body canNOT handle the pain it is in. I might take a day off tomorrow from the running scene (or do a small 3 mile run) OR I will run xc on Monday since I finally get the whole pole direction thing.

I made pizzele's today. Not to shabby for a first try. But and this is a big but I think the electric irons are for the birds(the cookies are to thick for my taste). I want the vintage iron. So no Italian cookies for Christmas . I can save $30 on no iron and that can go to the shoe budget. Baking part II will happen on Sunday. I'm trying greek cookies (if I can find my candied cherry's tonight at the store)

The hubby and awesome neighbor/carpenter Steve put in a new (another early xmas present..I'm glad my family is so practical) door today. We now have heat in our laundry room and not the polar express back there.

Speaking of the Polar Express I bought the movie today (saw it last year in the theatre) and it is an awesome movie. (especially if there are little ones that love trains in your household) Anyhow I'm watching it and by the end I'm gasping for air (kinda like in mile 1 of a run) the tears are coming and I'm choking up. I'm doing this on tv shows too. Last week I was watching Cold Case and I'm practically bawling at the end of the show. My husband comes in and asks how it ended and I can barely get the words out 10 minutes after it ended. I can't even blame it on PMS. Actually my all time cry movies are: ET, Saving Private Ryan, (my husband won't admit it, but he cried at the end of this movie) Steel Magnolias, Terms of Endearment, I think I cried at Forest Gump too.

2 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Go for a shoe that works for you.

Nike is "fashionable", but obviously not "functional" for you.

I run in a really old model of Nike ACGs (can't even find it in stores anymore) that works and wouldn't try those Shox shoes.

3:25 AM  
Blogger neca said...

We watched "Polar Express" last night and my son made fun of me for crying at the end! He kept telling me to stop. Good movie!

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home