Sunday, November 27, 2005

As I was saying

XC add's 3-5 minutes onto your time. I finished in 27 something minutes. This is the hardest xc course in our state. At the end, I ran through the shoot and layed on my back. So not what you are suppose to do at the end of a race. I placed 15th in the Women's Masters (yes a whole new age group) and 50 something overall. My husband said I slowed at the finish line and I need to run through the line. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Some chick who got tripped up by a loose dog in the woods (that sucked) and me were trading spots the whole race. Her stupid husband yelled for her to go faster at the end .... I didn't even know she was about to pass me. Her loss...sorry lady I'm to competitive for that crap when I have .05 tenths to go.

Race musings:

It's 30 degrees and windy....what in the hell makes you wear a tight tank shirt w/all your skin hang out and look around at the rest of us and act surprised that all of us have our turtlenecks or jackets on. You are crazy.

Some people are really, really into racing. They had the special xc sneakers, spikes on their shoes. (people my age, not the highschoolers and collegiate crew) One lady (Master class) actually ran the race and later I saw her and another group go out for a run. Nuts I say.

How the heck did a 60 year old lady beat me? I'm sure there is some 20 year old asking the same thing out there.

I absolutely hate walkers. If you are behind me and walking, fine. But if you are in front of me I don't want to see your fat ass walking on the course. And I'm going to be really pissed I catch you walking 2x and you beat me.

Ok I carbo-loaded after the race and drank real coke. Can that really put three (3) lbs on? I'm not even getting on the scale this morning since I'm still eating like a pig.

When the one girl got tripped up by the dog, I kept running. I did ask if she was ok, but I don't know....should I have stopped and helped her up? Probably...I guess some bad karma is coming my way.

No more races until the 1/2 marathon. I would love to run long today (the one good thing about xc is that there is no pain the next day no matter how hard you ran) but hubby is doing carpentry work and spent hours at the race supporting me yesterday. Maybe I can get some kind of long run in tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Sounds like a great race. Well done and many congratulations.

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home