Tuesday, November 22, 2005

HOLY HIIT AND JESUS CHRIST

Went to the gym to do the same old hiit routine. Went nuts and added 2 min to my ususal 20. Then about 1/4 of the way into it I decided to spice things up and add the incline to the mix. Hence Holy hiit! What a workout. I had the incline up to 2 on a 9.2 run and something had to give, so I dropped the incline to 1.5 and later to 1. I found my new workout. I just need to decide how I want to "work" it. Drop my speed and increase the incline/add incline in the latter part of the workout or just tough the whole thing out. I was planning on adding incline running to the mix when the snow starts hitting the streets and I can't get any outside running in. This is something I am so not looking forward to.

Well I am not hurting my daughter by skipping church every once in awhile. She told me yesterday that they had to go around in class and say what they are thankful for and she said "air, God and Jesus Christ". Did I mention that she goes to public school? She seems to really get into the Jesus thing. I was that way as a kid too. Taught the neigbor kid next door the "Hail Mary" prayer. What a weirdo I was.

I'm feeling a little better about the xc race. I can't locate last years times, but I don't think I will be last. I found pic's from last years race and the IPOD is definately out. Very uncool to run in nature and listening to 'Lil Jon or AC/DC. I downloaded a new song for my IPOD called "Space for Papa" which is some Ironman song...anyhow when I first listened to it on my run (at the beginning of a run) I thought this song SUCKS! All the other bloggers loved it and raved about it. I kept thinking that they were a bunch of freaks for running to it . Anyhow, now that the song pops up in the middle of a run, or like today when I was doing some arm work at the gym, it's actually growing on me. So I take the freak comment back. The song can't get me going in the beginning of a run or w/o, but in the middle it actually works.

5 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

If the incline is easy to program without too much hassle, I would suggest that you try the following:

Normal 9.2 run (5-10 minutes easy)
Incline at 1 (2 minutes)
Normal 9.2 run (1 minutes)
Incline at 1.5 (2 minutes)
Normal 9.2 run (1 minutes)
Incline at 2 (for as long as you comfortably can)
Incline at 1 (for as long as you comfortably can)
Incline at 1.5 (for as long as you comfortably can)
Incline at 1 (for as long as you comfortably can)
Back to normal easy 9.2

I've used this sort of pyramiding in my stepping.

12:06 PM  
Blogger m said...

I will check out advanced programing on the treadmill to see if I can do that. BUT, 9.2 is not easy/normal for me. I can run it, but for only like 2 minutes. That is my high HIIT. Normal for me is in the 7's. I will try it though. The same old same old is getting old.

5:49 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Whoopsie. Replace the 9.2s with 7s then. The idea is to alternate hard and easy running, then work up to a particularly tough set. Hope it goes well!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Wow! What a workout! I'm jealous of your inclines.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. nissan presage + volume Rav 4 2002 body kit free chubby and huge tits pics camcorder cannon zr90 Ultram side effects florida kevin bentley Second hand office furniture western australia bentley arnage bonet panel bentley azure suspension 6do generic propecia work Effexor xr drowsiness side effect

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home