Sunday, November 13, 2005

Real life is not like HGTV

I love HGTV. I can watch that channel all day. Any home improvement show...I have seen it. I decided to redo my laundry room this weekend. All that needed to be done was: rip out bad wainscoting, paint walls, ceiling, remove cabinet doors, paint them, rehang them and put up new wainscoting and some trim. So far I've painted the ceiling, walls, ripped out old wainscoting and trim, remove/paint cabinet doors. So good so far. Went to hang the cabinet doors with new hardware (that hasn't been painted over 20 times) and is the same hardware as before (or so I thought) A one hour job is now on working hour #9. So now I'm waiting for my husband to shave the doors down so they fit. He was going to do it last night, but......Today he decides he wants to put up wainscoting behind the dryer.....what about my doors. I stopped him in his tracks and had him put the dryer back b/c I don't have chair rail. I want my doors back now. Not in 6 years. (i'm not exaggerating)

On the exericse front. I haven't run since the last 5k. I'm still sick. I have to drive to the University tomorrow and complete a running study for distance runners. Yes I'm the distance runner that ran 3.1 miles in 7 days. I haven't had such low mileage since May? I am feeling a bit better. No weight loss b/c of all the orange juice and the "starve a fever, feed a cold" adage. I did get my cycle....thank God! I need to jump start my exercise next week. How long can this fucking cold last? I can feel my muscle turning to fat, hence the no change in scale weight.

Oh, and I love Trader Joe's. I had the best apple ever yesterday. I'm driving 10 miles tomorrow to get about 20 more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home