Friday, November 04, 2005

I'll take the bunions

My running partner called me today. She finally went to see the podiatrist about her foot. Well by the time she got there it was feet. She needs surgury on her original problem (her x-rayed feet looked like xmas elves shoes) Needs some titanium, shaved bones...etc. Her other toe that is starting to hurt could be a tumor. Needs an MRI on that foot. I commented that she should be on the show "House" with all that's going on with her feet. The podiatrist is surprised she waited so long to come in. K figures she has a high pain threshold. I have to agree on that one. The doctor doesn't want her to run the final 5k this weekend, but she's doing it anyway since this has been the plan since we decided to run 5k's this past summer.

I've finally decided to put out and shut up about my husband bitching. Why I need to bitch because he can't/won't do some handy work (crown molding/wainscoting/painting etc) for me has to stop. It's time I stepped up to the plate and do this shit by myself! If I can lose 20+ lbs, quit smoking, run a 5k in 25+ min, train for a 1/2 marathon, deal with 3 kids and not kill them when I quit smoking I can put up crown fucking molding. Right? My husband does not enjoy putting up molding, plumbing and any handyman issues. That's Ok and a I need to get over it. He can pretty much hunt any animal out there, is a great father and husband. He would rather hunt/shoot things than do home improvements and I need to face facts. I need to quit bitching and learn how to do this stuff myself. I feel so empowered today!

I didn't get to workout this morning. I really wanted to get some weights and core in. I've gone from 2 days a week to 1 on the former. It really bums me out. I might have to start going to the gym on Saturdays.

Have a great weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

I love going to the gym early Saturday morning. There is hardly anyone there, not to mention I start the day off feeling like I've accomplished something major!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home