Sunday, October 30, 2005

I finished a 7 mile run about an hour ago. I hit the three mile mark in 27:15 min and did 7 miles in 1hr and 4 minutes. Not to shabby. About a 9 min pace. I definately need to get some wicky clothing to run in. I had my running tank on and my cotton long sleeve on top and I was overheated and sweating by mile 5. Gross. I wanted to take the long sleeve cotton off, but would of looked like an idiot. My big question is : why at 18 minutes do I want to quit running. What is so fricken special about that time. It happens everytime I run. I could be doing an 8, 9, 10 min pace and it will happen. I just don't get it. I do get in the groove around mile 4 and about dead at mile 6. I'm going to stay at 7 miles for another 3 or so weeks.

I hope to get in an XC run tomorrow. I'm running that 5k-XC race in late November. Some family members are going to run it with me too. I hope to get pics of us for that one. The hubby will be at this race. I will get into it later, but it's a whole family (his) thing going on that day.

Went to my WW lifetime weigh in on Saturday. Their scale is 2lbs heavier than mine. It has NEVER been that weigh (pun). I made it under maintenace by .4lbs. I will be so pissed off if I have to pay. I definately need to drop 10lbs before the marathon. I would like to drop it by November 25th though. That was my goal.

Smoking. I don't really talk about my struggles with this issue. I'm still smoke free. Some days/times are so hard. I have some pretty wicked cravings. Running is my savior. I can't imagine running and smoking again. Actually I don't know how I ever ran and smoked before. I really think my better times are from not smoking, not the training.

Soccer is over. That is all I need to say on that issue. I will never volunteer for soccer mom again either. Somebody who only has one child can do that.

Cookie monster:

This is how a 19 month old steals a cookie. I caught him the day after he got to his sister's class cookies. He went into the bathroom (skipped playing in the toilet) took the kids stool, walked into the kitchen then scoped the area out. I think he's looking for cookies that should be cooling on the oven. Not there so he will go for the club crackers instead.

I'm sure I could post on and on about weight and exercise etc...but I'm taking the three kids to a neighbor's house for a fall festival fair thing.

Ciao!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

Next long run, don't take a watch! It sounds like stupid advice but then you won't know when 18 minutes is up. Also, are you taking any gels or water in at that point? You might be close to bonking and maybe your body is mad at you and wants you to stop.

I love the picture of your kid stealing cookies! It looks like me today!

8:26 PM  
Blogger m said...

No watch!!!!! That's my lifeline. Actually that is a good idea, I'm getting obsessed about time. I need to get obsessed about my stride instead. I need to get some gels. Around mile 6 I was dying for water and I haven't gotton around to getting a belt or pack for water. Also found out they only do water at the half marathon, not gatorade. What is with that?!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home