Tuesday, October 18, 2005

145. Still I'm writing down everything. I just finished my lunch and I'm at 12 points already. That means I have 8 points left. The afternoon apple is 2 and the ff yogurt I think is 1. I left the counter at home.

Did not workout yesterday. My left glute is all fucked up. I think it all goes back to the calf muscle getting pulled when I took off to pass the pokies at the race. I probably could of ran on it, but have learned my lesson about running on pulled muscles. I went to the gym today. I skipped the leg machines, did eliptical (hill for 20 min) core and arms. I wasn't in a pool mood, even though I dreamt of flip turns last night. (weird)

I got so much accomplished yesterday. I may have mentioned it here, but I am the most unorganized person in the United States. My husband is next in that line (unless it involves hunting, fishing, shooting, poker or cutting the grass.) I organized my closet, got rid of all the "fat" clothes, had dh hang up the drapery bar that has been sitting in our room (the other one is still in the dining room) since we purchased them about 6 weeks ago. Hubby will hang the other one up tonight. We can't strain him people. I will order my blinds so my neighbors free show of me walking around naked for the past 6 years ends this week.

I'm still thinking of that 5k this past weekend. I need to run these races more often. I'm still on a high. I don't think I can break my personal record either. I was crusing. Not bad for someone who just started running in March. While running the race I decided i'm a nutcase for doing a 1/2 marathon. That passes quickly b/c it's always in those first 10 minutes when at most times I decide : I hate running/why the fuck am I doing this/what time is it?/is it almost over/am I a third of the way done yet?/ Those feeling usually pass by the 15minute mark. And...obviously I wouldn't be running a 1/2 marahon in 8:15 min pace. I wonder what my heartrate was near the end. I didn't even sprint to the finish line. I kinda slowed up when I got there. I did finish 5th in my age group and 33 out of 247 people. (fyi the last person finished in 58.09 min) Anyhow I'm still on a high from it all. Hope to get out a run tomorrow night or a x-country run on Thursday, depending on the weather.

A final thought...I like running to rap music. What gives?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home