Monday, October 10, 2005

X-Country

Yes, that's the cool way to say it. I finally tried my feet & legs at x-country running. The result....I love it. I ran on cool trails, saw bodies of water, little bridges, people fishing and even horses. Though on some parts of the trails I ran I felt like:
a: a character on Law & Order (the dead girl they find in the woods)
b: this looks an awful lot like the "blair witch project". Why is there a broom tied to a tree? (seriously!!!)
c: i know those Canadian geese are following me.
d: where the hell am I?

Anyhow it was a good run. You are definately using different muscles running on mulch, gravel and grass trails. My legs have never felt better. I would like to run x-country, sprints and a long asphalt road run once a week each.

Tomorrow is gym day. I get to go back to sprints on the treadmill and I'm skipping hamstring leg work and going back to outer/inner hip abductors. Looking forward to it. I hope to get some good core work in also. I didn't count my points today. It's so hard on the days I'm a SAHM. The days I work it is so much easier. I'm so more organized. I need to get back down to 20 points a day to combat sugary eating binges. I sound like a broken record.

I had a mommie dearest moment in the pharmacy today. My littlest one (death of me) was running to the open door and I LOST it. He was the easiest baby ever and now he is so devilish. Right now he's hitting his older brother. Yesterday he broke a yardstick over his brother's head/nose/face...we aren't sure which. Of course it says on the yardstick "not to be used a child punishment device" To bad babies can't read.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

You gotta watch those Canadian geese -- they can be pretty nasty if you scare them (seriously!). If your kids keep acting up you can always bring a goose home as a pet.

Glad to hear your run went well. Take it easy on those sprints.

8:26 PM  
Blogger :) said...

I need to try some trail running...

Glad you enjoyed it (the run, not the crazy baby)!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Goodness! Maracas?! I'm sure it's not funny to see, but as a non-parent, I'm picturing a maraca fight and can't help but giggle. Sorry Lori!

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! dodge stealth opt in email marketing space pod egg chair Timeshare discounted resales buy fioricet Dangers of vicodin lose weight Dishwashers list Trista and ryan wedding invitations Dulles rhinoplasty payday advance boston web design firm http://www.westinrunningboards.info Buick cromwell ct open handbag jelly kelly Effexor meridia

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home