Monday, October 03, 2005

145+. Can you say FUCK?

Did not run last night. Ran 6.38 miles today. (or for 1 hour and 2 min) My legs are killing me. The entire leg is killing me not just the shins. (I will be doing some serious icing tonight though)As I was rounding around 5 miles I turned onto a certain road and saw someone in front of me. Of course I have to speed up and pass this person. You know, show them "who is boss". I'm catching up to them and can't decide if it a woman or a man. All I know is that they have a white baseball cap on. I get closer and closer (my stride is awesome, it's like i'm in a race...i'm so full of myself) I get closer and closer....it's an 80year old gray/balding man. Oh, yeah, I am so (not) cool. Ok so now I have to keep up this stupid race pace I have going. I hit the light (at this miserable intersection) and I need to cross NOW or I'll sit here for 5 min. So I start a sprint (have I mentioned how cool I "think" I am?) Ok so I start the sprint... have you ever seen that commerical where the guy is at the Ironman and he just collapses before the finish line..his legs get all woobly and crazy, it's like watching a train wreck.... well on my sprint accross the highway my left leg starts to wobble like that guys. The next 5 min flash before my eyes, I collapse in the highway and try to crawl home, cars start to beep their horns, b/c I'm not crawling fast enough and an 80 year old gray haired man runs by and shows me who is boss. Well obviously that did not happen. I recovered. But I know those people in the first cars were like "oh noooooo, she's going to fall........whew she recovered".

later:

icing the shins hurts like hell!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

(In my best mommy-tone, considering I'm not a mommy)

What are you doing running 6 miles!? When your shin splints were confirmed, did they suggest anti-inflammitories? Take care of your legs!

9:17 PM  
Blogger neca said...

Shin splits suck. Hope you feel better soon. Also, sorry I've been slack but I promis to get the book in the mail this weekend! take care of yourself!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Home loan refinance online refinance rate1712 pontiac sunfire Facial cellulitis pictures The world of culinary supervision training and management Online poker cards Raw roulette bra and panties match take phendimetrazine exactly as directed by your doctor Mortgage caluculators power washers Order b bontril b b sr b webmaster affiliate program Label printer ebay Lek zocor Blackjack shuffle tracking How electrostatic air filters work http://www.propecia-1.info Erectile dysfunction vacuum fitness info Oil leak chrysler neon

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home